Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotating trees
05-22-2008, 10:00 PM,
Rotating trees
How do you rotate trees in the CS?
05-22-2008, 10:53 PM,

you dont. trees change how they look in game though, so they wont all look the same.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-22-2008, 11:08 PM,

Thanks Lady Nerevar. I was trying to rotate one of the larger ones because some of the branches were where they shouldn't be.
05-23-2008, 01:10 AM,

I think you can rotate trees through artificial means but at least for the ST trees it's a bad idea because it will keep the billboard (sprite) from facing the player.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-23-2008, 03:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I think you can rotate trees through artificial means but at least for the ST trees it's a bad idea because it will keep the billboard (sprite) from facing the player.

That doesn't sound good. I just moved the whole thing anyway.
05-23-2008, 10:19 AM,

You can't rotate the spt's in CS. Sad
05-24-2008, 02:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
You can't rotate the spt's in CS. Sad

I think you can get them to lean over if you generate them on a slope. Also I've heard others say you can rotate an object and then search-and-replace that object with a tree that retains the rotation. I haven't had a reason to test out if that works, but another person has and then it turned out that doing that messed up the way billboards display.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]