SHC29 "The Inner Main Gate" [Finished]
09-04-2007, 06:21 PM,

Thanks for the update.
I'll reply tomorrow.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-05-2007, 01:09 PM,

Your remarks.

1 The ownership of the door wasn't assigned which caused the AI to fail. Set ownership to the smith.

2 Ok.

3. It's an in-game bug.

4. I put that on the bug list thanks for reporting this problem.

5. Because they aren't Imperial (so the crime quest doesn't work), it's on my to do list to create a custom quest for the other races.

For the painting select a paint brush (Use Item At) and use a X-marker heading (select the canvas).

Resuming: Very nice. :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-07-2007, 05:35 PM,

I was going to finish this today, but as always seems to happen, RL stepped in just as I was on a roll. Anyways, here is the dialogue for the quartermaster, the final missing piece of this mod. I know the last topic is very long, but that is why I am going to put choices in and the disposition requirement is so high. Any feedback would be welcome, including spelling and grammar. I have to say though, I really do like it as it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steadhelm:
Beautiful and quiet most of the time. That is how I would describe Steadhelm. While your here, make sure to stop by the Rusty Guar. They have the best non-enchanted boar in all of Tamriel. Meat so tender it falls apart in your mouth. I believe I'll have to get Leo to fetch me some later.

Quartermaster:
(Disp < 65):
Aye, that's me, I'm the quartermaster for the Steadhelm guards. I'd have to know you better before I said more than that about myself.

(Disp >= 65):
Aye, that's me, I'm the quartermaster for the Steadhelm guards. Why you ask? Well back when I first joined the guards I was full of rightous anger. My parents had just been killed, you see. To be honest, in those days I would go looking for trouble. That was a long time ago though. Time and wounds take a toll on the body. After acquiring enough of both, my anger eventually cooled. Now I leave the fighting to those that have had a bit less of either one.

Supplies:
I'm sorry, but those are for the guards only. Feel free to use the training room in the next tower over though. Use the door up that ladder there to get to it.

Painting:
(Disp < 85):
That's a bit personal to be discussing with anyone but the closest of friends if you ask me.

(Disp >= 85):
Originally I was born here in Steadhelm. It was a peaceful time then. When I was about 7, my parents decided to return to Hammerfell to visit some distant relatives. My Father had just recently come into a very large inheritence so they decided to make an adventure out of it. It was amazing! We traveled everywhere! Mournhold, Vivec, Daggerfall, Skingrad, Whiterun, the list goes on forever. We visited every province of the Empire. Of course no tour of the Empire would be complete without a visit to the Imperial City itself. It was during this time my love of art was sparked. Should I continue, or am I boring you?

(Choice):
Please continue!
Let's talk about something else.

(If continue):
As I was saying, it was during this time I fell in love with art. I got it from my mother I suppose. Everytime we would stop my father would take my mother to see the local art. At first I detested these side trips, but my mother was amazing. She always seemed to know something interesting about what we saw, no matter how obscure. I think now she made a lot of it up to keep me interested. Whether that was the case or not, it worked. Soon I was just as eager to get to the next stop as much to see the art as anything else. I can never thank her enough for that. Ten years we traveled, but home was calling. So as all things must, the adventure ended. One last trip to make, the trip home. It was the end of that trip that would change my life. Within sight of the safety of the walls we were set upon by bandits. My mother was injured first. An arrow had struck her in the stomach, then they were on us. I'm sorry, I need a moment.

(Choice):
Take your time.
Let's talk about something else.

(If continue):
It was eight against three. We didn't stand a chance. My father held them off as he forced me to flee with my mother towards the town gates. I took an arrow in the shoulder, but I made it. My mother died just inside. She died in my arms. The priest said her liver had been severed. I wanted to run back! I wanted to kill the bastards! It took 4 guards to restrain me. By the time the guards made it to my father he was dead as well. That day, I joined the guards as a way to find the culprits and bring them to justice, and so I could do everything in my power to prevent another person from having to endure what I did. That night I started painting as a way to keep my parents alive.
09-10-2007, 10:24 PM,

Well ladies and gentlemen, here it is - SHC29 and SHC38 combined and (tentatively) completed. I'm not sure I am happy with the generic greeting on the quartermaster though. Oh well. Now it's your turn to shred it. Have fun, and leave at least something please.
09-11-2007, 12:56 PM,

Oops, forgot to set one condition in the quartermaster's dialogue allowing anyone that had above 85 disposition to say the first part of the painting topic. Here is the fixed one.
09-12-2007, 03:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheronNightStar
Oops, forgot to set one condition in the quartermaster's dialogue allowing anyone that had above 85 disposition to say the first part of the painting topic. Here is the fixed one.
Thanks, I'll reply asap.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-13-2007, 08:30 PM,

I'm not sure, but I may have a problem with this. I finally got around to actually beating Oblivion so i jaunted over to Steadhelm with my main character. Seems there is a couple of door placements need aligning, that and the only dialogue I get from Lurius, Leo, or the quartermaster is the Steadhelm topic. I'm going to go back and look it over again, unless you can find the problem.

If it matters, I unzipped the "play" mod and then unzipped the latest public assets before trying it. After I redid my comp I never did unzip the "play" mod. As I am sure you know, if you use the travel esp with the latest esm it crashes oblivion, but I figured that, so I went back and used the official release esm. Then I tried it without the travel esp and used the latest esm, still same problem. Like I said, I will go back and try and figure out what broke. I will have time Saturday (today being Thursday).

Edit: I think it might have something to do with the greetings from KotN esp. When Leo says certain ones (I'm not sure which ones yet) he doesn't seem to add all his topics, most notably the "Work" topic, but if I talk to him again, it shows up. Hmmm, troubling.

Edit 2: It's now tomorrow (Friday) and I have been digging at the problem. I can't figure it out. The Quartermaster seems to work fine, but I could only get him to say one thing from the endgame dialogue. If Lurius or Leo mention Martin or anything from the endgame, the only topic is "Steadhelm", but if Leo mentions the KotN completion "Your quest to retrieve the crusader's artifacts blah blah blah..." I get the all his topics except "Work". I'm stumped.

The dialogues among all the characters are handled the same. I've checked all the conditions, all are set right and nothing should interfere with proper working. Now if I use a character that hasn't beat the game or KotN (Bendu Olo) it works just fine. I am left with the conclusion that it is the other dialogues that are breaking mine. Unless someone can shed light on this, I am at a complete loss as to how to fix it.

Edit 3: changed one condition after the inspection above. (Still doesn't solve the problem)
09-15-2007, 09:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheronNightStar
I am left with the conclusion that it is the other dialogues that are breaking mine.
I agree.

I read (BSF) about this problem a long time ago and they hadn't found a solution yet. I tried to recheck the thread but the link seems to be broken.

I put this on my "to do" list.

I'll post my other comments later today.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-15-2007, 07:41 PM,

You made two very nice interiors and I like the way you organized the AI. :goodjob:

I'll merge the file to the esm.

The dial problem is on my "to do" list.

Would you be willing to claim an interior in Soluthis or perhaps SHC43?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-16-2007, 11:45 AM,

Thank you very much. Actually, your compliments come at a good time. I was feeling extra extra crappy today. I'll start with SHC43 since I am more familiar with Steadhelm and move to Soluthis (why do I keep thinking it is Solanthus?) from there. Might take me a bit of time though. I have a hell of a hankering to mod a dungeon. I'll do that in my own time though. That way if I don't finish it no biggie, and if I do then I'll claim one and submit it.