Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHC38 "The Outer Main Gate" [Finished]
08-04-2007, 08:27 PM,

If you could give it a quick run through I would appreciate it. I would like the dialogue checked as well as the doors please. There is no AI yet, just creating the (thorough) NPC's was a lot harder than I had thought. But this is gonna pretty much be the floor plan I am gonna try and work with.

If you can't or don't want to give a once over, it's no big deal, I'm just going to bed for the day and thought I would leave this here.

*Reminder to self for tomorrow* -> Move trap doors on top of Inner Towers
(I check this thread everyday before I start)
08-04-2007, 09:34 PM,

I'll reply tomorrow morning board time.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-05-2007, 07:37 AM,

This file is depending on the ST esm v2.5 (again). ?(
Please remove the door links and attach the file.
I'll remove the worldspaces group.

You'll have to redo the exterior work.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-05-2007, 02:08 PM,

Again? I have never opened it against the 2.5 esm. I don't even open the CS with it, but I do have a bit of an idea what might have caused it, possibly, maybe. In the SHC29 esp there where 2 of each area (Steadhelm29 = 29b, 29a = 29d) The originals (29 and 29a) had been emptied and renamed "insert cell name here old". After I merged them, both old and new sets were exact copies. I didn't like the idea of unexplained duplicates so i deleted the copies. But if you fixed the SHC38 esp, there never should have been a problem I would think.

But if it matters, even with the 2.57 esm (the one you told me to get) if I don't use the travel esp (I don't use it in the CS) I do not have any castle walls. The exterior cells are very empty. There is some stuff, but mostly lightbulbs and a couple of doors. I even started Oblivion with it and guess what? - no walls. I'll sign up for the gallery and post the screenshot of what I see. Also, if it matters I do NOT have Shivering Isles (yet). It is just stock Oblivion with the latest patch.

Maybe I'm just not supposed to do this - this is a bit discouraging to say the least. I tried to follow the instructions to the letter, do everything I was told. Where I was wrong you corrected me and I followed it religiously. X( :bash: (<-seems me and this smiley are getting a bit too familiar...)

Edit: Ok, here we go, lots of files:

SteadhelmMergedblahblahblah_no_teleport: I simply unchecked all the teleports on the doors leading to exterior cells

SteadhelmMergedblahblahblah_gecko_modified: I used TES4Gecko to remove the world spaces from the esp (after doing above modification)

I also included the two files I originally merged using Gecko (38 with number 1 and 29 with number 2). Maybe with all this you can figure out what the hell is going on. Like I said, this is annoying me to no end. I am enjoying doing these mods endlessly, then this... :bash: (<-told you me and basher here was getting to be good friends)

P.S. do other people have this much trouble? ever? at all?

Edit 2: Screenshot of my CS render window:

[Image: thumb_all%20I%20see.jpg]

Edit 3: I forgot about this. When I first load the stock esp's I downloaded from here (not including the one you edited for me) into the CS I get these errors:
-------------------------------------------------
Form (01085716) in file "Steadhelm29v1.00.esp" has wrong type.
Should be: BOOK
Is: WRLD

Attempting to use existing form WRLD 'SilgradTowerLand' 009BD547 as parent form for following child forms.

DataHandler: unrecognized form
Look in the C:\Documents and Settings\Devon Null\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\EditorWarnings.txt file for more info.
----------------------------------------------------
I loaded the re-downloaded the SHC29 esp and got those when I fired it up in the CS. Just thought you should know. It did that to me for SHC38 also. Don't know if it means anything.

I figure an overdose of info is better than not enough.
08-05-2007, 05:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheronNightStar
Just so I know, approximately how long has Steadhelm existed - say 65+ years? Was it simply a small fishing village back then? Or was it a fort from the beginning? I looked in the Silgrad Lore section of the forum but couldn't find anything about Steadhelm there.

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I can't give an exact answer.

@Razorwing, bob196045?

I don't think the history behind Steadhelm was established in the old mod, but at the same time I believe Steadhelm was our version of an "Imperial charter town". Much like Caldera on Vvardenfell it was designed and built in a speedy fashion to enable colonists and traders to move in quickly. Vvardenfell started being colonized in 3E 414, i.e. only nineteen years ago, however colonization of mainland Morrowind could have started much earlier - as far as back as 3E 1 (after Morrowind became part of the Empire).

So theoretically the city could be as old as four hundred years, but personally I think it would make more sense if it was more like two hundred years, or for that matter sixtyfive years like you (TheronNightStar) suggested. It's mostly a matter of personal taste I guess. But I think it's much clearer that the driving force behind the city's founding was strenghten the Empire's military presence in our part of Morrowind.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-05-2007, 08:22 PM,

Just so that you guys know, I have a Journal conected to a quest I'm doing for Steadhelm, that Journal begins 50 years ago...So Steadhelm must be older or I'm in trubbleTongue
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
08-06-2007, 08:42 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheronNightStar
Again? I have never opened it against the 2.5 esm.
Yes you did (because the ST land worldspace was in mod index 00). That's why the walls are missing and it explains the other errors.

Rename the ST esm to Silgrad_Towerv2.5.esm.
Download the ST esm v2.57 from the Source.

I changed something near the gate, the ST land has a mod index of 01 (screenshot) and the walls are there.

Use the attached file to continue with your modding.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-06-2007, 02:25 PM,

YAY!! We have walls now!. Guess that finally means that I am using the right esm. I swear I thought I had done what you told me before - DL the esm from The Source, extract, and use. I always renamed the one that I had previous, but I can't argue with the results of that. I just deleted all the public stuff and tried again. Ok, let's try this again...

Sandor, if you could email me when you pop on, I want to edit this esp and when you have a chance have you check that it's right before I loose lots o' crap. I really really do apologize for all the mess.

Oh, and one more thing - if my rank (swordsman) has gone up because of the number of posts I have made and not because you guys raised it, you think you could drop that back down? I don't feel right having it up just because I managed to make a mess of things. It may not be important to anyone else, but it is important to me. Then again if you guys actively raised it, just ignore this whole paragraph Big Grin

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to explain it to me :explained:
08-06-2007, 02:58 PM,

Oh, it's not for the number of posts, it is the work you do.

I only had some 100 posts when I was promoted to ST ModderBig Grin
If you look in the Claims Overview and who made what claim you can see that I have done a couple of themTongue and for that work I got promoted, the same that you get promoted for your work.
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
08-06-2007, 03:03 PM,

That makes me feel better Smile

Oh - Sandor, here is the esp. Don't worry about emailing me. I'm gonna be gone for a bit anyhow (hours, not days). All I did was move the trapdoors on the outer towers. It was just something to edit the exterior cell in my CS and save it to make sure I didn't come up with that damnable dependency again. I don't know what you do that lets you know that it was dependent on 2.5 though. Was it because it was opening up against the correct (on my end) esm that I didn't get an error message?

I just tried opening (no active file) one of the broken esp's against the 2.57 esm and I got duplicate worldspaces. Is that how you knew?