Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRAC07 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Revised]
10-18-2008, 05:58 PM,

Moved....? Or deleted....? I spent a lot of time on those Forts and they're my favourite things about the landscapes. They give a focal point to the whole area, IMO.

If I had to choose then I'd go for Claim 07's 'Morning Star Bastion' but that's mainly because there would be no sense at all to the entire landscape if it didn't exist there because everything is built around it. Claim 06's fort is something that's never been seen before (a submerged Fort) whilst Claim 08 is perfectly positioned. Moreover (and much more troublesome), my present claim (05) is built around a collapsed Fort that is leaning on its side (something that I've also never seen before) and if I removed it then the lift would not work. Granted, it might solve the problem of the dis-connections between the platforms and bridges if I lowered the whole thing but putting it there just adds to the mystique of the Bandits and their general character as persistent thorns in Steadhelm's side.

As for their relevance, then considering the fact that Steadhelm is possibly the most Imperial region that we have then wouldn't it make sense to have some Forts there, especially near the coast, as three out of four are? Moreover, they are only relics. The local Dunmer have since let them fall into ruin. That is true of every one except Claim 07 (Claim 08 is possibly inhabited by outcasts on the fringes of the region). It would help the history of the region to have once had an area where the Imperials evidently gained a stranglehold but lost it.

On the basis of this, and the initial claims decriptions, I feel obliged to object to this decision strongly.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-18-2008, 06:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Moved....?
Yes.

If I had to choose then I'd go for Claim 07's 'Morning Star Bastion'....
That's fine.

As for their relevance, then considering the fact that Steadhelm is possibly the most Imperial region that we have then wouldn't it make sense to have some Forts there, especially near the coast, as three out of four are?
Check the quote below.

Quote:From the Core (after a long and thorough discussion), PM sent to Ibens's Ghost

We decided it's okay for the Gorge (SHRAC06) to look the way you modded it, not so much because we agree with your design choice but because we respect the work you put into it and the passion you feel for it. So the Gorge will be the exception to the rule (so to speak).

We want you to remove all vanilla content from your other region work, with the only exception being clothes and weapons.
Please respect our decision.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-19-2008, 06:03 PM,

Just to let you know that I've been giving this some serious consideration and, until I spoke to Giskard who explained the whole problem of vanilla objects to me in detail, I was prepared to leave the project entirely. As you know, I don't like having my creativity compromised and I especially don't like it when people are moving the goalposts and altering what I've spent my precious time on.

As it is though, I respect Giskard's reasoning but I see no reason why this shouldn't have been made abundantly clear from the outset. If the Forts are 'moved' then it lessens the impact but what happens to those regions? If you ask me, they're going to look pretty empty and we'll need something to fill up the landscape just to make it interesting. With the rock limitations and the lack of Forts, I see no motivation for me to undertake any more landscape claims. I realise that puts a lot of pressure on people to perhaps create more exterior tilesets and I sympathise with that but, for the time being at least, I'm out!

Therefore, I shall clear up these claims but no more. My main interest will lie in voice work and writing. I may return to landscaping at some other point but, things being what they are in real life for me, it's only sensible that I withdraw from any more modding. Nevertheless, I'll make Claim 5 my last one.

Consequently, I will need advice on what vanilla stuff to remove. Is there anything more than the Forts? What about the waterfalls that contain vanilla waterfall rocks? How can they possibly keep the shape of the waterfall if they're not there?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-20-2008, 02:31 PM,

Therefore, I shall clear up these claims but no more.
Consequently, I will need advice on what vanilla stuff to remove.
Everything except for the objects in the Gorge.
As I said before I'll move the forts in a later stage, unless you want to delete these.

What about the waterfalls that contain vanilla waterfall rocks?
The waterfall rocks have to be replaced as well.

TheImperialDragon is checking Sachiel's rocks for the BC.
If he agrees these could be a good alternative.

With the rock limitations and the lack of Forts, I see no motivation for me to undertake any more landscape claims.
Modding should be fun and it's no fun for you nor for us.
Why not relinquish (*) your claims?

If you want to finish the current claims you have to comply to the decisions made by the Core, so no more discussions.

(*) I am willing to merge your work as it is and make the appropriate changes later on. It's your call.

Last but not least, I am quite happy with the work you did so far, except for the vanilla content problem. :check:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-20-2008, 06:16 PM,

I'd like to cut out any excess time then because I'm no longer enjoying it. I just wanted to see Steadhelm complete. Please merge what's there. I'd like to see the Forts moved rather than deleted of course, but then I guess that's up to you.

As for Claim 5, it would be nice to finish the Bandit ambush idea so you can leave that one open. It's just a shame to drain it of its earlier magnificence with the collapsed Fort. Of course, as it is, it would be extremely easy to move that Fort as there has been so very little actually done on it and, barring a weird error with the misaligned steps, it's structurally complete. How about if I drag the model to a relatively treeless area for movement elsewhere later on?

In the meantime, setting up the bridges will prove much easier and serve to eliminate some of the problems I highlighted earlier with objects not quite fitting.

If I do any more landscaping or modding then it will be something much, much smaller.
10-20-2008, 07:00 PM,

How about if I drag the model to a relatively treeless area for movement elsewhere later on?
That's fine (within SHRAC05). :check:

EDIT
Please continue to post in the SHRAC05 thread.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD