Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST Main Quest?
08-19-2005, 08:16 PM,
ST Main Quest?
Ive been roaming around for awhile doing a few misc. quests buying gear and the such, but i havent come across what would appear to be a main quest.I did join the traders guild but they had no quests, just some cool perks.
08-19-2005, 08:37 PM,

There isn't one.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-20-2005, 01:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
There isn't one.

None? I wasn't aware of that.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
08-20-2005, 01:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkEclipse
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
There isn't one.

None? I wasn't aware of that.

Nope. There was a lot of talk about it, but the old team never implemented one. The former core member Zarkis began writing one in the spring of 2004 but never finished it, and no quests were made around it either. Hopefully we'll have one for the Oblivion mod, and feel perfectly free to pitch ideas based on the draft in the Lyrics if you want. =)
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-20-2005, 01:42 AM,

In that case, I'm always coming up with neat ideas for games and mods, but I suck at scripting so I'm never able to make them.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
08-20-2005, 03:34 AM,

I think our main quest is entitled "The Lost Quest" :lmao:

Ok. Not that funny... but I agree that we should have a main quest for the Oblivion version.

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
08-20-2005, 09:21 AM,

DarkEclipse: Perhaps that will change with TES IV, as I hear creating quests for the new game is easier and a lot of the functions that used to require scripting can now be done in the editor. I'm personally glad that it will give a better overview of a quest, as a complex quest made by someone else is pure hell to figure out if one is searching for bugs, for example.

Ben Vagara: Hehe. Yep. "Part I: The Search for the Broken Dream"

I think we have a core vote that approved the one that's outlined in the Lyrics, so we can cross off the basic structure of it from the list, but there is most certainly room for expanding and tweaking it. A modder could take on a branch of it and make it his own, and with the chosen faction at the heart of that story, decide the future developments of the main story to his own liking. So, from that viewpoint, it's X number of main stories wrapped up into one, so everyone should be happy :]

I suggest one general rule for everyone working on the main quest though: mod one quest at a time, and mod them in sequence, making sure your story extends the playability of the quests before it.
Angel mired in filth