Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0105 [Finished]
06-15-2009, 04:36 PM,
Scc0105 [Finished]
Claimed and finished by TheImperialDragon.

This building will be used for the Davina bounty quest.
It's quite special and has over 30 interior cells, I thought I was walking in Vivec, Hlaalu district. Smile

Many thanks for creating this outstanding interior complex and the corresponding exterior! :goodjob:

Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-16-2009, 03:44 PM,

Sweet Smile
06-17-2009, 12:57 AM,

The exterior looks very nice, TID :goodjob:

The exterior tileset itself looks a bit dated though. In many ways I like it, I've made a few buildings myself just for fun and have found that it enables an amazing level of creativity. The uvw mapping is also nigh-on perfect.

But there are a few problems with Oom's tileset in my opinion, one of which is that it's blocky in the wrong way (resulting in hard shadows by the game engine). It's lowpoly, which is quite apparant in the rail bends, butresses and the curved rooftops. And there are bad seams in many of the tileset pieces which results in microfractures, something which apparantly isn't a problem in the old game engine, which Oom primarily created and tested the set for. I can (and will) sort out the problems with the microfractures, though from my viewpoint the set will still have the other problems.

Ultimately I think the Hlaalu buildings will need to be remodelled from scratch as fixed, singlepiece buildings. I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but they look too lowpoly to feel futuresafe the same way that for instance Caligula Superfly's and Zarf's Redoran buildings do.

At some point in the future, would you be interested in making a custom model for the exterior you modded? Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-17-2009, 10:57 AM,

Really unique! Nice. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]