Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0302 [Finished]
04-22-2007, 11:56 AM,
Scc0302 [Finished]
The exterior building (screenshot) is in the cell for SCC0302, use the attached esp to start modding. Use the building as a reference for creating the interior.

The interior has to be modded with the new interior Hlaalu tileset.

If you create a new interior position the first piece of the tileset at X, Y, Z = 0, 0, 0. Use snap to grid (32-64) and snap to angle to create a basement etc. from a tileset.

Claim Difficulty: Easy.
NPC's: 1 or more.

Race: Dunmer, Hlaalu.
Name generator.

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI and don't forget the pathgrid.

Please add a Northmarker, I'll set the rotation and connect the interior to the exterior.

Background.

I'll leave it up to you, except for the fact that he/she is poor.

After you finished the layout of the interior post the esp file, so I can see if the layout corresponds with the exterior.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-14-2008, 04:31 AM,

Is it okay to claim this one? I have an interior almost ready (which I forgot to post the layout of for confirmation).

BTW: Is the StBlackCoat clothing piece considered lower-class? If so, can the NPC wear it?

Here is the layout:

[Image: th_SCCLayout01.jpg]
02-14-2008, 09:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Is it okay to claim this one? I have an interior almost ready (which I forgot to post the layout of for confirmation).
Of course. Smile

BTW: Is the StBlackCoat clothing piece considered lower-class? If so, can the NPC wear it?
I would say lower to middle class.
The NPC can wear it (just tested this).

The layout is fine.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-17-2008, 05:56 PM,

Alright. Smile This should be posted for review later today, I'm just fiddling around with a few things. I'm very impressed with the assets, especially the ground texture used with the Hlaalu pieces. I like the new, longer Dunmer table and benches too, I miss those from TES3.

Btw: Is it okay to delete the exterior reference building from the cell (in the attached screenshot)?
02-18-2008, 09:08 AM,

Btw: Is it okay to delete the exterior reference building from the cell (in the attached screenshot)?
No, I'll rermove it later on.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM,

sandor - Okay.

A few issues:

I can't seem to use the furniture pieces in-game; the bed won't activate, neither will the bench or the chair.

The IDs are:

StFurnDunPoorChair02F
STFurnDunmerPoorBench01Ball
StFurnDunPoorBed01L

Also, 'StRwShovelDunmer01' doesn't equip properly as a weapon for me. It appears on the character when I have it in my inventory, but when I equip it the weapon disappears. Is this a known issue? Is anyone else having these problems?
02-19-2008, 10:59 AM,

A few issues:

I can't seem to use the furniture pieces in-game; the bed won't activate, neither will the bench or the chair.

The IDs are:

StFurnDunPoorChair02F
StFurnDunPoorBed01L

Also, 'StRwShovelDunmer01' doesn't equip properly as a weapon for me. It appears on the character when I have it in my inventory, but when I equip it the weapon disappears. Is this a known issue? Is anyone else having these problems?
Thanks for mentioning these problems, I'll inform Razorwing.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-19-2008, 11:16 AM,

Thanks sandor but I found my way here this time Big Grin

A few issues:

The IDs are:
StFurnDunPoorChair02F
StFurnDunPoorBed01L

Thanks for reporting that. I have a few good leads as to what the problem can be and I'll bring them up to par pronto.

It's an experiment of mine to get the hang of creating weapons. In time I'll fix the problems with it, but I left it in since it doesn't cause any problems and works okay as far as havok and such go.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-19-2008, 04:06 PM,

There could be other chairs and furniture pieces which have the same problem, these were just the ones I was using for the cell I'm working on. If I see anymore with similar problems I'll post them.

Shall I just leave the spade in? Perhaps it will have been fixed/tweaked by the time of any public releases.
02-20-2008, 11:25 PM,

It's your choice whether to leave it in or not but I'm comitted to making it work and tie up any loose ends the wip version may create.

Oki I checked out the nifs you mentioned.

There's usually two factors that come into play when you can't activate an object, like opening a door or a chest or sitting down on a chair, and they both relate to mesh-based collision.
1) Especially unpacked mesh collision (bhkNiTriStripsShape) is prone to bleeding, i.e. their collision extends far beyond the model. The bleed doesn't impede the player's movement or cause any obvious problems but it does interfere with collision detection in the vicinity. I had a tricky problem awhile back that in the end boiled down to being caused by bleeding collision meshes. I couldn't for the life of me understand why the moldcave door had stopped working. I must've tried half a dozen different fixes but to no avail, until it dawned on me that it was a nearby Emperor Parasol that caused the problems.
2) Mesh-based collision is also notoriously unreliable for models the player is meant to activate in one way or the other; harvesting a flora, sleeping in a bed, and so on. With a bhkNiTriStripsShape for collision, odds are the player can never interact with it simply because the game doesn't react to him pointing the cursor at it.

The second factor might have been behind the problems you experienced with the chair. I have revised it to have primitive-based collision and will release the fix in the next update. It's not behind the other two cases as they already had primitive-based collision. But the Hlaalu tileset does not, so I believe bleeding collision is behind the problem with the bench and bed. If I had to guess I guess it was behind the chair problem as well, but I was going to fix its collision sooner or later anyway so I figured I might as well get it done. The exporter couldn't create primitive-based collision back when I made the tileset in the spring of 2007 so that's why it wound up not having it. I'll make it a priority to update it's collision in the near future.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]