Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0303 [Finished]
04-22-2007, 12:12 PM,
Scc0303 [Finished]
The exterior building (screenshot) is in the cell for SCC0303, use the attached esp to start modding. Use the building as a reference for creating the interior.

The interior has to be modded with the new interior Hlaalu tileset.

If you create a new interior position the first piece of the tileset at X, Y, Z = 0, 0, 0. Use snap to grid (32-64) and snap to angle to create a basement etc. from a tileset.

Claim Difficulty: Easy.
NPC's: 1 or more.

Race: Dunmer.
Name generator.

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI and don't forget the pathgrid.

Please add a Northmarker, I'll set the rotation and connect the interior to the exterior.

Background.

I'll leave it up to you, except for the fact that he/she is poor.

After you finished the layout of the interior post the esp file, so I can see if the layout corresponds with the exterior.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-26-2007, 12:11 AM,

Well if my other claim is in order, I'll take this one. I think one more easy one, then I'll be ready for something a little more challenging.

EDIT: Layout. Do you need me to post the interior layouts? I thought I read somewhere that you were supposed to.
06-26-2007, 03:26 AM,

All done! Two npcs living in this place, Dilayth and Tavra Athren. I'll take another claim tomorrow after work.
06-26-2007, 12:38 PM,

Check SCC0403.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-27-2007, 01:53 PM,

Abbrev.

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust

General info.

Please add a version number to the name of your esp files. TIA

Furniture is floating (a little) because of the silhouette (the CS assumes (after pressing "F") the bench (for example) is already on the floor, it's an error). Press "F" twice or thrice. All the furniture with silhouettes have the same problem.

Keep in mind that smaller objects near large objects (NPC's included) tend to float.

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it gives a nice sound of a burning fire.

How do I keep my mod clean?
Avoiding contaminations.

AI.

- For the location: Don't use "in cell". It can produce unexpected behavior.

- Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

- Add a wander package type: Time and duration any. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.

[indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.

[indent][/indent] You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.

Use a candlepuddle (static) for under your candles (when on a wooden and burnable surface).

Edit your dialogue through the quest window and not through the dialogue window (creates unclean dialogue).
Add the topics through the result script listing, to avoid problems when merged to the esm, because of bug in the CS. For example: addtopic StSrSteadhelm01.

Rotate objects, for example if you have 5 barrels, in that way the handles will have a different angle. It looks much better.

It's a good idea to make a special key for containers, e.g. StRwContDunmerChestSmall02, and add the key to the NPC. It's more fun for thieves. Make sure you lock the containers with valuable stuff inside.

Do not lock the door from the outside and do not link the door from the exterior to the interior, otherwise the AI won't work. The same applies to the ownership of the door.

The Ground-floor.

StFurnDunRug08, F
SCC0303malsit, F
StRwMiscDunmerPlatterWood, Re towards the back of the hutch
StRwContDunmerSack01FoodCheap (on the shelf), bleed it less into the other sack

Room with the beds:

StFurnDunPoorBookshelf02, check the items on the shelfs, F
LowerPants02, F (on the chest)
LowerShirt02, F (on the chest)

The First floor.

StRwContDunmerPoorDrawers01, turn it around the front is facing the wall
StRwContDunmerSack01wheat (on the shelf), bleed it less into the other sack
StRwContDunmerCrate01, B (on top of the other crate)

Pathgrid.

Make sure the th's touch the door markers and the sh's of the furniture.
Put the NPC on a th.
Don't place a th on the stair (the NPC will stand still for a long time).

NPC.

Check "No rumors".
Add a fooditem count "-1" to the inventory of the NPC.

AI.

See above (General Info).

An example.
Drink package.

Type "use item at".
Specify a location.
Target (Any object; Object ID): "Drink beer" etc. and the animation will work.

If you want to know which animations are possible, look under miscellaneous>>AnimObjects.

Sleep packages : Check weapons and armor unequipped.
Eat packages : Check weapons unequipped.
NPC using a chair: Check weapons unequipped.

Resuming: Make the packages chronological, don't use "in cell".
Add a wander package type (last in the list): Time and duration any. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.

Dialogue.

Create a new quest and add your dialogue to that quest. Don't use existing quets.
Add a GetIsPlayableRace condition (==1) to the the quest data tab.
Set the priority to 6.
Add the topics through the result script listing (see above under General Info).
Use a GetIsID function for every info (otherwise all of the NPC's in the game will use your dialogue).

General Remarks.

As this is your second review, I listed everything I saw, in order to make you aware of the problems in the reviewed interior.

Assign ownership to the two doors that will be linked to the exterior.

Lock some of the chests.

For the next time, please use the existing cell (SilgradCity0303) for your interior.

You made another nice interior. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-29-2007, 06:45 PM,

For the next interior.

Don't switch to other cells (contaminations).

Add a greeting for a disposition <50.

The husband owns the house so set the ownership for the bed and the dining chair (for the wife) or use a faction.

Change (select and press Alt) the blue th's into red th's or create a priority path (connect the blue th's to each other).

I fixed these minor problems.

Another nice interior.
The file has been merged. Smile

The file for SCC0303.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-29-2007, 07:15 PM,

Thanks for the help! I'm almost done with 0307, I just slowed down a bit to make sure I took into account all the advice you gave me on these two claims. I can't see that taking me more than a few hours after work today. =)