Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0341[Finished]
07-02-2009, 03:20 PM,

Regarding SCC0341.

Change the the comp "<=30" to "<30".

Please remove the GetInFaction functions (redundant).

If the disposition is <30, the closed info can't be displayed (intentional?).
Add a GetIsQuestVariable condition to these infos (<30) and remove the disp from the closed info.

If I attack Iduvan and Tadvos hits him (during the fight with the PC), they'll start a fight. Your aggression setting are quite high and if the disposition is lower than the aggression setting they'll attack.
In my test Iduvan died.

Lower the aggression or change the interaction relations.

I like the way you placed the bar counters and using the script is a great idea. :goodjob:

Nice modding. Smile

Regarding SCC0351.

If the disposition is <30, the closed info can't be displayed.
Add a GetIsQuestvariable condition to these infos (<30) and remove the disp from the closed info.

Check the aggression settings see above.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-03-2009, 10:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Change the the comp "<=30" to "<30".

I guess that didn't make any sense, thank you.
------

I have removed GetInFaction from both SCC0341 and SCC0351 and will make a future note.

I use GetInFaction on all my other claims because it allows me a way to remove the NPC from existing packages for possible quest etc. It does no harm if it just serves as another condition.
-------

If the disposition is <30, the closed info can't be displayed (intentional?).

In a way yes it was intentional. The language tells him to come back.
There are two new lines one on the Greeting and one on the "a drink" topic, with a condition of <30. I added some to the Restless Noose also.
-----------

If I attack Iduvan and Tadvos hits him (during the fight with the PC), they'll start a fight. Your aggression setting are quite high and if the disposition is lower than the aggression setting they'll attack.
In my test Iduvan died.

Aggression has been set between 15 and 20 for all my SCC claims. I changed SCC0341Faction and SCC0351Faction infaction multiplier to 70. I looked at the blades infaction multiplier and that is what it had.

As far as I know SCC NPCs are not to be flagged essential and can be set to respawn. I believe it takes 72 game hours while the player is outside of the cell.

I also tried to create a script to swap out packages while the disposition was below 30. But it seems my abilities are better kept to simple number swaps. Two days on that one. So I changed the dialog from refusing service on the 'a drink' topic to something else considering the player can still barter with the NPC.

The player on occasion has to confront the merchant 7 times before the correct greeting is established to add a topic. What is the point in creating dialog if the player may never see it. The generic dialog appears to take preference on occasion unless the priority is set higher. Otherwise, if topics are to be seen when intended it appears they need to go into the generic Greeting dialog.
07-07-2009, 07:58 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
As far as I know SCC NPCs are not to be flagged essential and can be set to respawn. I believe it takes 72 game hours while the player is outside of the cell.
I am not a fan of setting NPC's to respawn (in these kind of interiors), it's not realistic, if the PC chooses to kill the owner or staff it's his/her choice. Respawn could be used in a large bandit cave/cavern.

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
The generic dialog appears to take preference on occasion unless the priority is set higher.
Why not increase the quest priority for your own dialogue?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-07-2009, 12:33 PM,

Now and then I've thought that it would be kinda fun to have the option of having an 'heir' to a house, should the player kill the original owner. Perhaps especially for houses whose occupant is killed as part of a quest, like for the home in Cheydinhal that was left abandoned in the main game (to take an Oblivion example). To me it seems relatively straightforward for me to create such an heir, whereby for instance everything regarding the house is owned by a faction both the original owner and the heir belong to. The script that would enable him or her would be the difficult part, at least for me. There would have to be a long pause, a week maybe, before the new occupant supposedly moves in and unfortunately for me I haven't taken the time to get the hang of using time controllers in scripts.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-07-2009, 12:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Now and then I've thought that it would be kinda fun to have the option of having an 'heir' to a house, should the player kill the original owner. Perhaps especially for houses whose occupant is killed as part of a quest, like for the home in Cheydinhal that was left abandoned in the main game (to take an Oblivion example). To me it seems relatively straightforward for me to create such an heir, whereby for instance everything regarding the house is owned by a faction both the original owner and the heir belong to. The script that would enable him or her would be the difficult part, at least for me. There would have to be a long pause, a week maybe, before the new occupant supposedly moves in and unfortunately for me I haven't taken the time to get the hang of using time controllers in scripts.
That's a great idea, the script is feasible, NP. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-12-2009, 04:26 PM,

Finished. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-12-2009, 09:44 PM,

Thanks Sandor. I am doing the remaining fixes in the SCC0334 claim.

The fixes are the respawn and priority settings for the Restless Noose and Devil's Mug.