District: Slums.
Cell name: SilgradCity0507.
Shack Type: 6.
Claim Difficulty: Easy.
NPC's: 2.
Race: Dunmer, Hlaalu.
Class: Poor.
General info: Check -=this link=-.[/blockquote]

You'll find the exterior and interior building (screenshot) in the cell SilgradCity0507. Use the Silgrad_Tower.esm v2.994 or a higher version.

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI, don't forget the pathgrid.
Full AI: Eat, sleep, one drink and/or read package.

I'll set the rotation for the Northmarker and connect the interior to the exterior.

For reasons of playtesting it's often handy to add a X marker (heading).
When you use the console (~), type coc "XX", replace the "XX" with your cell name.

Background.

No preference.

Use the existing cell (SilgradCity0507) and don't delete the exterior building.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-24-2008, 08:48 PM,

One floor, one room. I'll take two please.
03-24-2008, 09:01 PM,

A couple of thoughts from the guy who did the shack stuff:
  • Look under Static\ST\Dunmer\Shack for some shack-specific furnishings,
  • The firepit would not be appropriate for this interior because the rings of rocks would be too heavy for the unsupported floor (brought up by TID a while back).

Thanks,
Steve
03-24-2008, 09:47 PM,

Thanks Steve. I will pay special attention to the shack specific items. I also had a discussion on the firepit in another thread and I now realize it is an exterior item.
03-24-2008, 10:26 PM,

The firepit can be interior, but only for a shack on ground or foundation where the earth itself supports the rocks. On platforms, not so much. Smile

Steve
03-29-2008, 04:21 PM,

Hi Sandor. Well I think this one is complete. There is one issue with the floor on the bed side of the shack. It was slightly out when I started the mod and I tried to fix it to no avail. I am still no good with selecting and snapping all the pieces. As I said it is very slight.

I also thought these shacks would be easy but the lighting while trying to mod is alot darker. In any case I think I did fine in that respect. Although placing the shelves on the walls was a bit tedious and difficult to see depth when placing.
03-29-2008, 04:27 PM,

I'll reply later today.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-29-2008, 05:46 PM,

Quote:I also thought these shacks would be easy but the lighting while trying to mod is a lot darker.

Just curious: Did you use A in the render window to brighten the place up while modding? It doesn't affect the true in-game light levels, just allows for easier placement.

Also, about the shelf: I made a design decision that I wouldn't make again, which was to have most of the interior furniture pieces snap into the shack body sections. This means you should start with the shelf at the same coordinates of the shack body piece it's in, and then move it to suit. For the shelf in particular, alignment isn't super-important; the supports can punch through the wall to the outside a little, because nobody will see that. Smile

HTH,
Steve
03-29-2008, 06:51 PM,

Hi Steve, yes I do use the "a" option or more specifically the light button on the menu bar. Without that it would be next to impossible.

As for the shelves, yes I was concerned with bleeding, I wasnt sure how they would look in game if they were into the wall too far.

Thanks for the info.
03-29-2008, 07:48 PM,

I assigned the ownership of the shack to the faction you made and fixed one floating bench. Further I fixed the alignment of the tileset piece.

It's a nice shack. Smile

The file has been merged.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD