Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schematics
07-17-2008, 05:07 PM,

Maybe it could be set up as a misc object? A scroll probably would have its own advantages, but I think the model alone could do.
07-17-2008, 05:13 PM,

currently the first two are misc and the one with note is a scroll.

they can be made so if wanted, that requires new versions of the drawings that fit the size of the scroll/book and don't have corners shown, but due to the burn holes in the schematics it would be better to leave em as they are.

if lezender want's i can make em viewable.
07-18-2008, 07:01 AM,

Just an idea from me.

Perhaps the book object could begin by saying something along these lines (in plain text written directly in the CS):
[You take a closer look at the note attached to the schematic]

And then there could be a zoomed-in version of the schematic showing only the part of it that has the note. But in this version of the image, if lezander would be ok with making it, there would be no text scribbled onto the note. It would just be showing the blank white background. And then a text could be written in the CS and overlaid over the graphic so that it becomes legible. I don't know for a fact that that's possible to do but the game's book system works as a rudimentary html viewer so it might very well have support for that. (If it doesn't perhaps one can take a screen dump and splice in the CS-generated text into the image file?)

Otherwise perhaps it'll work okay with just an explanatory statement at the start of the book object like for instance the one I wrote above, but I think the zoomed-in note would be much cooler.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-20-2008, 06:18 PM,

Heres the note without the scribbles:
Loremaster