Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoop on the new CS!
04-16-2005, 04:24 AM,
Scoop on the new CS!
Here is a scoop posted by "3rd-I" on another forum, who has seen screenies of the new construction set. I'm reposting it since it's a very interesting read, and contains info I've never seen posted anywhere else.

Congrats to all on the official forum who solved the riddles Big Grin Look at the end of this post for the link to the screenies.

Quote:OK! boys & girls I can tell you for certain the that TES4 engine is definately Gamebryo (Newest version of NetImmerse). I can also tell you that CS looks almost exactly like the old CS.

OK, there are 5 new icon buttons & the toggle fog button has been replaced by a sky button. Here is a brief description of what I think the new buttons are.

1). The very first button before the 'Load Plugin' button has a strange icon on it & I'm not sure what it does. So I'm no help there.

2). Immediately before the 'Landscape Editing' button is a new button with an icon of what looks like a world on it, which I suppose could be a shortcut to region editing,

3). Immediately after the 'Path Grid editing' button is a new button labeled "HK" which I believe is the Havok physics properties button.

4). As I mentioned before the 'Enable Fog' button has been replaced by "SKY".

5). Immediately after the new 'SKY' button is the SpeedTreeRT generation/properties button... Well I assume that's what it is, because it has got a leaf on it. I also believe it shares a new window with all the new landscape editing capabilities (New control over texture, erosion, mesh smoothing etc.)

6). The last of the new button is immediately before the 'Dialogue' button. The button is labeled with a big "Q", so presume it's the new quest button.

OH! The 'sounds' button has disapeared.

The 'Object' window structure has changed from tabbed to hierachical (Think Windows Explore's Left Pane.).

The new NPC window looks alot cleaner now. It stretches horizontally to accomadate its own tabbed menu ie Stats, Factions, Inventory, Spell List, Animation & Face.

What's inside the Face tab is interesting. When the Face tab is selected it displays 3 horizontal sliders for controlling 'Age' (Young to Old), 'Complexion" (Dark to Light) & 'Hair Length' (Short to Long). Below the sliders are a few buttons (Generate, Save, Restore & Reset Face) & below them there are 2 drop-down menus for Hair & Eyes. Finally, there's a window which displays your NPC's head in.

The model extension is still .NIF.

Also, here is a good source for fresh screenies:
games.tiscali.cz

The skellies in screenie #3 are rather spooky! But I don't much like the font used for captions on screenie #4. The multi-story buildings in screenie #7 are awesome.

Post last edited by Razorwing on 16.04.2005, 11:24.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-16-2005, 04:46 AM,

Sweet. I hope the nifs are a new version as well. They are pretty large compared to other files.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere