Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up levelled lists
04-04-2009, 01:30 PM,
Setting up levelled lists
Hello everyone!

I'm just about to get started on creating my list of creatures for Black Marsh. But before I start, does anyone have any experience of what I would need to know to begin with?

All I know is that levelled lists are things that match up with the level that the PC is at but despite having visited the CS wiki, I have not come across any tutorials so far. Does anybody have a link to a really good one?

I would probably need to know a little more about likely clothing and weaponry for some of the creatures such as goblins and so on. Do I need to concern myself with this first or is it only important later? Do I also need to create some kind of levelled list for weapons as well, as I've not yet looked into weaponry in any detail, despite having plenty of resources?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-04-2009, 07:50 PM,

Levelled lists are a good thing to use if you want to distribute new content that comes with the mod.

Creating a new Levelled list works in a similar way to anything else created in the CS, once you have created the list [Right-Click and new], you just drag and drop the items you want, into the levelled list [Double click it and it opens a new window]. Then you can set the level at which the item will appear.

I am no good a tutorials Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-06-2009, 10:53 PM,

Thanks, IS. I've found what I believe should be a useful page here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Leveled_Lists . It's a bit late for me to check this out tonight but I'll have a look through it. However, just by browsing, I couldn't work out whether I had to create levelled lists myself or whether I could rely upon the vanilla lists if I assigned something to a creature category.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
04-07-2009, 09:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
...I couldn't work out whether I had to create levelled lists myself or whether I could rely upon the vanilla lists if I assigned something to a creature category.
I have zero experience with levelled lists, but I understand that you'll want to avoid modifying any vanilla levelled lists as that would conflict with the big overhauls (OOO, Fran's etc.), and you may want to avoid using them for the same reason (you might not know how they end up. Making new list or duplicating vanilla ones looks like its the way to go.
04-07-2009, 05:42 PM,

Okay thanks, now does anyone have a tutorial on setting up leveled lists?
04-07-2009, 09:06 PM,

My above post gives a general overview of creating a levelled list, I could try and make a tutorial since non seem to exist, will take a few days though.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM,

It's strange that none exist! :eek:

That would be wonderful though. I just need to know what I'm doing with it, really and how I would need to set up and prepare custom creatures for use in-game.
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM,

I can't find much on levelled lists neither, but I did find this:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...veled_Item

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
04-10-2009, 10:16 AM,

I wonder if my old friend ThePriest909 would be able to help out. He created 'The Province of Zedar' recently and used a number of custom creatures in the landscapes of 'Carhenia' for 'Gates to Aesgaard 2'. I'd been meaning to quiz him about BM for a while now.