Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadows?
12-22-2007, 10:42 PM,
Shadows?
I am quite confused on how shadows work with Oblivion what is the best setting for the Int. and Ext bars? Too high and the faces get blotchy...too low and there are little or no real shadows.....in the middle I still get a blotchy kind of effect on the faces....and I dislike that so what is the best setting
Im a noob to Oblivion mods but this project sounds like a one I would like to see
12-23-2007, 05:39 AM,

Shadows work differently depending on the video settings your computer runs at. Interior and exterior shadows work fine on my card, which is ok but not the best. But when I use self shadows, it looks like one big black mess on everyone's faces and lags me down to 1 fps.
Lol what?
12-24-2007, 05:22 AM,

I think I figured out how they work I believe Ext and Int shadows decides how many charachters on screen can have shadows...doesnt affect performance much I noticed. I also figured out the the wierd blotchyness it turns out a lot of newer high end cards have wierd affects with the charachter shaders and creates that odd effect I looked on a few sites and this is true a lot of people with 8800's and newer ATI cards get this effect if it helps I have a NVIDIA 8800 320 meg.
Im a noob to Oblivion mods but this project sounds like a one I would like to see
12-24-2007, 06:55 AM,

:pop: Way better than the card I have. I wonder why it should have any issues with shadows like that. I don't know what it is, but the official forums would be the place to go for this one.
Lol what?
12-24-2007, 05:24 PM,

Its not really an issue with the shadows. I thought it was but it turns out its a issue with the characther shaders.
12-26-2007, 07:35 PM,
My New Video Card
I have installed my new video card and it worked without a hitch. My oblivion is so beautiful now, it runs at max settings with minimal lag. There is only one problem. After playing Oblivion for a little bit, my entire screen goes black except for my UI. I have no idea why it does it. The game is still running fine, but it's as if the blind spell from Morrowind was back and it had been cast on me.

Does anyone know the cause of it?

Edit: Heh, my mistake. I must have hit reply instead of new thread. Can someone move this to a separate thread? pretty please?
Lol what?