Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shichinin no samurai / Seven Samurai
05-28-2007, 04:06 AM,

i just watched all the Youtube links you gave me... I must say, they all look interesting... maybe half of them really good... Ran, Kagemusha, and Kakushi toride no san akunin seem to be perhaps the bestof the ones you showed...

in my limited perspectived opinion that is Confusedhrug:
05-28-2007, 05:26 AM,

I speak no Japanese, enlighten me
05-28-2007, 02:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sever the Prophecy
I don't either, just look at the context

by the way, Kodama, I know the Throne of Blood is the english name but when I saw that trailer, the japanese characters had the spider characters in chinese? so wouldn't it be like spider-castle or something?
05-28-2007, 03:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by Sever the Prophecy
I don't either, just look at the context

by the way, Kodama, I know the Throne of Blood is the english name but when I saw that trailer, the japanese characters had the spider characters in chinese? so wouldn't it be like spider-castle or something?

Watashiwa, Nihongo-ga wakarimash (i understand Japanese) Big Grin

Yes KuKulzA, the Japanese name of "Throne of blood" means: spider web castle :check:
"Ran" means: war/chaos (that's close enough).
"Kagemusha" means: shadow warrior (that's some one who looks a lot like an important person, and has to pretend to be that person, mostly for security reasons).
"Kakushi toride no san akunin" means: hidden fortress of three evil people.
"Yojimbo" means: bodyguard.
"Sanjuro" means: someone who's in his thirties (sanju=30).
"shichinin no samurai" means: seven retainers.
I hope i translated everything properly, i did my best, but my Japanese is not very good Wink

EDIT: Kukulza, i think you are right about Ran, Kagemusha, and Kakushi toride no san akunin, they are the best.
Akavir mod leader.
05-29-2007, 01:23 AM,

out of all of those, i've only seen Yojimbo, and it was pretty good. Can't compare it to the rest cause i've never seen them, but i'd definitely recommend watching it, and if the others are better, than those as well.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-29-2007, 08:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
out of all of those, i've only seen Yojimbo, and it was pretty good. Can't compare it to the rest cause i've never seen them, but i'd definitely recommend watching it, and if the others are better, than those as well.

If you have seen Yojimbo, you should see Sanjuro too, it's about the same ronin, played by the same actor, and the story is similar.
The other movies are better, but they are also different, so you can't really compare them that much.
Akavir mod leader.