Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shivering Isles and the CS
03-27-2007, 11:13 PM,
Shivering Isles and the CS
Just a slight warning, apparently some forum members are complaining that the CS will not work with SI, apparently when the expansion is installed, you cannot open the Oblivion Master File in the CS, making the CS almost useless.

They are also saying however, that there will be some kind of new CS or something that will let you use the Oblivion Master with SI installed. Whether or not this is true, I still think it's worth letting everyone know incase anything should go wrong with the mod. Sorry if it's vague, but there's little evidence of this being true so far. I'd be cautious though. Wink

Here's the thread.

(If this has already been posted on the forum, just lock or delete this thread.)
03-27-2007, 11:40 PM,

we were promiced a new CS for KotN too. im going to bet that beth will deliver this time, cause it would be one hell of a modder uprising otherwise.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
03-28-2007, 12:01 AM,

yea, I hope Bethesda is up to their own word

thanks Dave for posting this info up!
03-28-2007, 12:44 AM,

If true, this is slightly disturbing information... Bethesda had better release a new CS for this. If not, i fear for their lives
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-28-2007, 12:52 AM,

:goodjob:

And I agree, it won't be pretty if all the modders were left without use of the CS for even a slight length of time. Most of us play the game for either making, or using mods.
03-28-2007, 01:50 AM,

They know they need to make one. If they don't, there goes half of their supporters.
Lol what?
03-28-2007, 01:56 AM,

Well half of the people who play ob are modders, 1/4 are xboxers and the other 1/4 don't know what a mod is.
Kraken, its whats for diner.
Those are good words, I like to wave at them as they pass by.
03-28-2007, 07:48 AM,

Thanks for the warning Dave :goodjob:

I haven't bought the expansion yet so I don't know for sure... but I wonder if it could be ripped up and the data file converted to an esp, so it could be played without the CS knowing it's there? It'd never leave your computer, so it couldn't be illegal.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-28-2007, 07:43 PM,

I can confirm that you cannot use the CS after installing The Shivering Isles. It updates the oblivion.esm, resulting in the error msg:

"File Oblivion.esm is a higher version then this EXE can load.
Continue Running Executable?
"Yes to all" will disable all Warnings this session."

Pressing Yes ends up with a final error msg saying:
"Unable to find masterfile: Oblivion.esm"
And the construction set then promtly closes down.

However, there is a workaround. I took a backup of the old oblivion.esm file, put it in a backup directory, installed the shivering isles, then copied and made a backup of the new oblivion.esm file. Now, when I wish to play the Shivering Isles, I simply load the new oblivion.esm file into the Oblivion\Data\ directory, and when I wish to mod, I use the old oblivion.esm file.

Just remember that if you wish to playtest your mod after modding a bit, be sure to have the old oblivion.esm file in the Oblivion\Data\ directory, start it up and uncheck The Shivering Isles from mods you wish to run.
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Xal
I can confirm that you cannot use the CS after installing The Shivering Isles. It updates the oblivion.esm, resulting in the error msg:

"File Oblivion.esm is a higher version then this EXE can load.
Continue Running Executable?
"Yes to all" will disable all Warnings this session."

Pressing Yes ends up with a final error msg saying:
"Unable to find masterfile: Oblivion.esm"
And the construction set then promtly closes down.

However, there is a workaround. I took a backup of the old oblivion.esm file, put it in a backup directory, installed the shivering isles, then copied and made a backup of the new oblivion.esm file. Now, when I wish to play the Shivering Isles, I simply load the new oblivion.esm file into the Oblivion\Data\ directory, and when I wish to mod, I use the old oblivion.esm file.

Just remember that if you wish to playtest your mod after modding a bit, be sure to have the old oblivion.esm file in the Oblivion\Data\ directory, start it up and uncheck The Shivering Isles from mods you wish to run.

Oh my. Im getting the same thing. This isnt good. And when I try to load oblivion with shivering isles it ctds Sad

edit: GAHHHHH They have the new cs up... but every time i try to download it sends me to an error page. No matter where.... its the same with all my downloads!!! Whats wrong with my computer?????