Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Story Contest
08-05-2009, 12:01 AM,
Short Story Contest
Not sure if this is the place, but i just wanted to point yall to a new short story contest going on right now Smile Rules and further details can be found here, and everyone is encouraged to enter!
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-05-2009, 02:11 PM,
RE: Short Story Contest
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
Not sure if this is the place, but I just wanted to point yall to a new short story contest going on right now Smile Rules and further details can be found here, and everyone is encouraged to enter!

That's a good question. On the one hand it isn't, on the other hand no other board is either. But there are some that are 'less wrong' in my personal opinion than Oblivion General. I'd like to think The Tavern would be a good place, since the topic isn't related to another mod.

I look forward to reading the entries. I don't usually have the patience to read but given the brevity of the entries I might very well do so this time. I've always had a kind of admiration for authors that can keep it brief, with my own example being the book Lord of the Flies. I read it last year as part of an English course and it struck me how every sentence matters. While reading it I realized a couple of times that if I let my mind wander for even a single paragraph then the story stopped making sense. I bet he spent a very long time editing his work afterwards.

I was surprised to read that you weren't on the judging team. How come?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-05-2009, 03:35 PM,

i dont think im all that great an author, and i have a horrible attention span Tongue i do however have a huge organization fetish, hence i offered to set up the forums.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-05-2009, 06:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I dont think I'm all that great an author, and I have a horrible attention span Tongue I do however have a huge organization fetish, hence I offered to set up the forums.

We must be cut from the same cloth then, at least when it comes to the latter Big Grin Like the way my real photo albums have to be in chronological order. I would feel terribly sloppy and lazy if they weren't. I got 100 prints sitting on my shelf waiting for me to get around to timestamping them on the back (by comparing them to the filenames of the digital copies) and putting them in the album.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]