Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Theme
09-17-2006, 03:31 AM,
Silgrad Theme
So how's about Silgrad Tower gets some theme music? Something that is unique to Silgrad, and can show up in different battle musics, exploration, etc...

Now, I think it would be best to hear it chimed first, then we use it with different musical instruments (fitting the setting) to fill this in, so we have something going here.

For those of you who don't know what I meant, I was thinking of how Morrowind's title music seemed to be the theme of TES3 Morrowind, and that musical sequence ended up in a lot of different songs we heard.

So what do you all think of this idea?
09-17-2006, 08:50 AM,

Anaglyph composed a main theme and creepy tomb music for us a while back ( http://anaglyph.silgrad.com/ ). I've been meaning to implement them but I haven't gotten to that point yet, partly because it took so long to get music to work altogether and partly because there was already a theme for Reich Parkeep/Soluthis and that we don't have many creepy tombs right now.

I'd love to see the main theme play when the player is roaming about the wilderness. We can't have it everywhere for practical reasons but along roads and outside towns shouldn't be any problem I think, I'd be happy to mod that in myself.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-17-2006, 03:05 PM,

The music sounds perfect for a trailer. :goodjob:

But I don't think it sounds very wilderness-ish, it starts wilderness-ish, then it gets more city music-y, then back to wilderness, then grand... But if we could implement it into other pieces, then I think it would be great, so long as we don't overdo it Wink.