Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower
08-01-2006, 12:45 PM,
Silgrad Tower
I happy to announce that Kyoushu made the concept art for the Silgrad Tower.

Silgrad Tower concept art.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-01-2006, 01:34 PM,
RE: Silgrad Tower
Wow, that looks amazing. :goodjob: to Kyoushu.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
08-01-2006, 02:47 PM,

I registered it in the open jobs thread as #20 (-link-), sorry for the delay. Let me know if you'd like the information changed.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-01-2006, 03:08 PM,

Thanks for updating the open jobs thread.

We are determining the exact size this week and let you know asap.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-01-2006, 03:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Thanks for updating the open jobs thread.

We are determining the exact size this week and let you know asap.

Ok, cool :goodjob:

I'm curious, wouldn't the entrances be guiding as to the overall size and scale? Since a door is about the height of an NPC. If I had been the one to model it I would have started with assessing the size of the doors, and used that reference to get an idea of the scale and size of the rest of the building.

Speaking of which... I hadn't thought this before, but the door at the base is enormous. If the doors on the top level is big enough for an NPC to go through, the entrance door has got to be 20 metres tall or something like that. Doors that size couldn't be opened by hand, and would probably require some form of mechanical aid. What's your thoughts on that?

My own musings - and I'm just throwing about ideas here - revolve around the possibility of either adding more concentric cirles on the inner side of the entrance, or turn the darkly-colored door into a slab instead and add a smaller door in the middle of that slab. The problem with the concentric circles idea is that it wouldn't work too well with the steps. If you'd walk up on the sides you'd hit the circle and have to turn left to get to the door. Or, I guess another possibility is to just ask Kyoushu to redraw that part of the concept.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]