Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower Rumor Structure
03-29-2008, 05:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Well, the rumor he suggested was something along the lines of "I hear you can't be in both the Morag Tong and the Dark Brotherhood", or "I hear the Morag Tong have spies everwhere, keeping tabs on the Dark Brotherhood"

Other rumors I would like to have are "I hear the Morag Tong is recruiting associates in Soluthis", and things like that.

They don't really belong to a specific quest. How would I add them though? Is there some giant "Silgrad Rumor Topic" that has it's own quest in the CS? Or is there some option or something Confusedhrug: i'm clueless.

These lines can be added in to any npc you wish during the modding of the quest's

Also as Steve points our when passing by npc's you may overhear them discussing this rumor, I kinda like that idea most, because its more realistic

And what did Cuthalion do with the Mages Guild quests that I should imitate? new ideas and inspirations are always good

Well not necessarily imitate but I think the way he structured each quests makes thing nice and clean

example here: [MG Quest] Initiation Stiffs [1]

just an idea

Enjoy
Diet Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-29-2008, 05:15 PM,

Ahh yeah, that is a nice quest structure. I used the dialogue system partially, but i don't know if i'll organize the quests into scenes and chapters and such, although outlining the NPCs used is a good idea.

I'm not quite that organized

And yeah, overheard rumors would be perfect.

I'm confused about one thing though: do we have a general rumor topic for silgrad, that acts in the same way as the default Oblivion one? (ie, every NPC has the rumor topic, and they all draw from a pool of common responses)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-29-2008, 05:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
I'm confused about one thing though: do we have a general rumor topic for silgrad, that acts in the same way as the default Oblivion one? (ie, every NPC has the rumor topic, and they all draw from a pool of common responses)
Rumors are arranged through the INFOGENERAL topic.

IMO we should create ST rumors for every class e.g. MerchPublican etc. (GetIsClass). Further it would be a good idea to create rumors specific for every city/location/guild (through a faction).

For example we could create a ST MT faction that enables (dialogue condition) the rumors for NPC's which are a member of that faction, so they can reveal info about the MT.

I don't like the idea that every NPC has the same set of rumors.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-29-2008, 06:17 PM,

My suggestion would be for there to be a new topic, maybe StInfoGeneral. Smile I'm pretty sure I can tune Gecko so that all links to INFOGENERAL can be converted to StInfoGeneral for our generic quests. As for rumor content, I believe that the more people know a rumor, the more content-free it should be. Smile Let's take the MT as an example:

- Universal: "I've heard the Morag Tong will dispense your justice - for a price."

- Imperialized law enforcement: "I don't care for the Morag Tong; it smacks too much of vigilante justice for the rich if you ask me. But when in Morrowind..." or "Morag Tong guild halls are usually hidden in plain sight."

- Imperialized law enforcement in a town may drop hints as to the guild hall location.

- Rich Dunmer: "I've used the Morag Tong once or twice when things needed to be kept ... quiet, so to speak."

Just some thoughts,
Steve
03-29-2008, 06:31 PM,

Yeah, that's what i was thinking. Maybe everybody in soluthis would have the rumor about joining the Morag Tong at the local guildhall, Whereas everyone would know that the Tong and Brotherhood dislike each other.

And more in general, the rule of thumb makes perfect sense, as do the previously posted ideas concerning who says the rumors

I don't know if i would go so far as to make rumors class-based, because there are a LOT of classes, and when you think about it, very few of each class. (at least for the mechants). City-based would definitely make a lot of sense to me, from a practical (just add a faction) as well as a logical standpoint.

I'm guessing that we still have to make a way to implement these rumors? I think it'll be worth it to have something like StInfoGeneral (if i understand everything, but then again, dialogue mechanics are confusing). As long as we get a good number of rumors together it'll be very nice. Especially if we can get all the quest-makers to add rumors, and then just make up some gossip on the side.

Just ideas
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-29-2008, 07:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
My suggestion would be for there to be a new topic, maybe StInfoGeneral.
The rumor system is hard coded so you can't change the topic, you have to use the INFOGENERAL topic like you have to use the vanilla GREETING topic etc.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-29-2008, 07:12 PM,

I can understand some of the hardcoding necessary; for instance HELLO does kinda start things. But in my looking through the CS, I only saw INFOGENERAL used in the previous and next link fields. If there's not some Oblivion-specific trigger that invokes INFOGENERAL, it seems to me that another topic could fit in there.

Having said that, I should say I've not tried to alter the conversation links before. Smile

Steve
03-29-2008, 07:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I can understand some of the hardcoding necessary; for instance HELLO does kinda start things. But in my looking through the CS, I only saw INFOGENERAL used in the previous and next link fields. If there's not some Oblivion-specific trigger that invokes INFOGENERAL, it seems to me that another topic could fit in there.

Having said that, I should say I've not tried to alter the conversation links before. Smile

Ateve

Quote:From the CS Wiki
INFOGENERAL: This topic is unusual because it appears both in random conversation and as the "Rumors" topic in dialogue with NPCs. When you ask an NPC about a Rumor, he will pick an info from the INFOGENERAL topic.
For the random conversation system, I think it could work (I never tested that either). For the rumor (NPC rumor topic shown in-game) system it doesn't work (you have to use INFOGENERAL).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD