Poll: What do you think about making Silgrad Tower dependent on the Shivering isles mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
0%
0 0%
No.
0%
0 0%
Other suggestions.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower dependent on SI?
05-13-2009, 06:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by simonp92
hmm, now that we are on the subject..
you guys have a golden saint sword from SI in your BSAs..
that should be removed.

I have not had reason to look at it but I would be very suprised if that was original and not a remake.
05-13-2009, 06:46 PM,

i could be worng.. but it looks exsactly like the one from SI.
im not acusing anyone..
05-13-2009, 06:52 PM,

I could be worng.. but it looks exsactly like the one from SI.
I'm not acusing anyone..

lol...no problem Smile

I said that because we are very restrictive on assets used, never mind something slipping into the BSA. I am sure RW will be along to give an answer at some point. Thanks Simon92.
05-13-2009, 06:55 PM,

I've never had Shivering Isles, so I couldn't compare the sword he sent to the sword in the expansion. If it's the same, perhaps he didn't know we couldn't really do that. Could someone please compare them, and if they do look identical I'll put the job of creating a new sword on my to-do-list.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-13-2009, 07:05 PM,

I attached NIFSkope images of both longswords (the one from SE and the one from ST). I don't have the textures installed for SE, but even without, the resemblance is pretty strong. The NIF's are also the same size, for both long and short versions.

EDIT: SE with textures in screenshot 3. The textures are slightly different in colour, but other than that, the swords appear identical.
05-13-2009, 07:18 PM,

Great catch Simon92!! Smile

Here is a :bananarock:

I wish I had more to give Smile
05-13-2009, 07:31 PM,

are you sure that the mesh is exsactly the same,,
i sometimes use a technique where i made the new mesh on top if an old MW mesh??
05-14-2009, 02:20 PM,

Thanks for the compare, TID :goodjob:

are you sure that the mesh is exsactly the same,,
I sometimes use a technique where I made the new mesh on top if an old MW mesh??

I'm sure they are. Unlike with Morrowind models, the legal implications of using stuff from an expansion isn't as apparant. It won't be solved by becoming dependant on SI either because I believe captain-ultima modified the sword so it could be wielded by a character. So, it has to be its own nif.

I'm convinced captain-ultima acted in good faith by the way Smile

Hmm I wonder if I can swat two flies with one strike by modelling a weapon from TES3 we don't have yet? Then our Golden Saints can use it, and other characters as well.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM,

I did add the sword to the CS but the model was already in there when i added it, if it has new textures perhaps it was mistook for a new model byy someone with no SI at the moment when it was placed among other files?

Razor, if you dont mind since Dave's on a brake and Project Vv has yet to progress to a point where i could be useful, i could whip up a new sword model for the Saint that matches morrowind's variation of the sword they wield and overally see how i could be helpful here.
05-14-2009, 04:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by captain-ultima
I did add the sword to the CS but the model was already in there when I added it, if it has new textures perhaps it was mistook for a new model byy someone with no SI at the moment when it was placed among other files?

Razor, if you dont mind since Dave's on a brake and Project Vv has yet to progress to a point where I could be useful, I could whip up a new sword model for the Saint that matches morrowind's variation of the sword they wield and overally see how I could be helpful here.

Yes please, that would be wonderful! Thankyou! :goodjob:
Angel mired in filth