Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower makes Oblivion Explode
08-01-2007, 11:59 PM,
Silgrad Tower makes Oblivion Explode
For some reason, my copy of oblivion quit today. It refused to work. Every time i boot it up, it crashes as it starts to load.

Well, the problem seems to be that the game has developed an extreme dislike of the Silgrad Tower ESM. My only guess is the versions differ. If anyone's got an idea of why Silgrad Tower could cause my game to explode, please tell

For further reference, i'm using v2.57. I'll try going back to v2.54, perhaps 2.57's unstable. Has anyone else tried to play with 2.57?

[edit] surprisingly, further investigation found that the Silgrad travel ESP was actually causing it. I can play with everything but that enabled and it works fine, but flip on the travel ESP, and it explodes. any idea why?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
08-02-2007, 07:02 AM,
RE: Silgrad Tower makes Oblivion Explode
The travel esp (it makes the esm load order independent) is unique and won't work with other versions of the esm (playing only). It has to be loaded into the game together with the Silgrad_Tower esm v2.5.

The esm v2.57 is for modding only.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-02-2007, 03:06 PM,

well... that explains it then. Luckily i don't need the travel ESP, cause i can use Center on world.

and 2.57 works for playing, just not with the travel esp Big Grin

Thanks for the explaination, hopefully my copy of oblivion doesn't hate me for making it CTD so many times
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!