Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad University
10-18-2006, 11:23 PM,

Location=good
Archetecture =? we still got to decide this so that its compatable with 3 and 4
As far as the Ancient Cerro Palace/Home/Castle/Lair, I still think Dwemer, and the only reson I say this is because supposedly the Dwemer had build cities under the mountains and this is something ST and MW are lacking

It can be retexured and a few of the models could be cleaned up to look new or rebuilt, make it real nice

But again it needs to be something usable in both mods

Where's our tileset guru's ????

And as indicated earlier the relationship with the other vampire clans is outright enemy.

Vaniken Ri...comes from Arena ? I am unfamiliar with this game... a wine merchant...why would a wine merchant be interested in the University ? or is their more to this merchant than drinking of wine ? < pun haha

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-19-2006, 06:57 PM,

Location - would love to see a screenie of your choices...

Architectutre? Maybe start with a ruined Redoran Stronghold (half buried by the vegetation at the edge of the Forest with suitable space so that it can be expanded in both 3 and later if desired once again in 4)

So the initial quest is to locate and clear the ruin, then the indoril move in and are dissatisfied though it was the best they could find.

:alert: Big Question can an Indoril building be created? !!!!

There might be player's choices here - as in advising the Indoril Founders on which faction's support to accept in initial expansion with a second or third building...

Then I recommend approaching the more enthusiastic TES4 mod leaders to get a 'native' building from each of their mods - I am sure that the creators of the Tilesets will be glad to oblige (after all this will be the biggest 'taster' they could ever hope to create :yes: ) and see if you can adapt the TES4 (likely to have low poly counts) buildings to TES3. Well that's the idea, now you have to decide if it can be done...

Why try? The Cerro are dedicated to fighting Imperial (and other vampires) so if they can garner allies in other provinces... and they have to resist the Dres/Hlaalu expansion or their Redoran base is imperiled = still need allies.

Tileset Gurus? : ??? not my line...
one reason for suggesting appointing Valderon as the University Chancellor is that he will know who created the tilesets and stuff Confusedhrug: and who knows, he might even be tempted into a tiny bit of modding himself? And also he does the I cannot be disturbed thing very well = great for a University Chancellor... 'course, if he is not interested then Razorwing would be the natural choice, and will know as much as anyone about the tilesets - however I am not sure how busy he is atm ... RPK4 is certainly hotting up - and he has a lot more to oversee there now... But either of them might persuade one of the old crowd out of hiding...

Since this starts as a comparatively small project - though it might grow in time, we might chat with the Skyrim leader as a few of the old ST crowd were attracted there, and natch you might ask KukulzA if he has anyone who would like to get in practice ready for the start of TES4 Vvardenfell 3D ing...

Natch there are ESF modders still doing Morrowind...

I believe you are correct about Vaniken 'Ri and Arena. And yes, if you see him in his home you will soon see that he looks to have far more potential than a mere merchant (or is that the effect of the wine fumes affecting our judgement?) :brew: The 'Ri Family Recipe uses nightshade as one ingredient... I edited the book myself.

As a trader in fine wines he might be expected to have clients far and wide = perfect cover for a spy with access to all the finest homes... and people trust those who provide their drink for some reason... Wink
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-19-2006, 09:50 PM,

Howdy

This would be the place

See Screenie

Some of the trees would have to be cleared out but thats not a problem, I will think on the Redoran Stronghold Idea...

Don't know about the Indoril building. Or why they would even care, I don't quite understand that concern, If house Redoran builds a school, what concern is it of House Indoril ?(

Bob

10-19-2006, 11:28 PM,

Screenie - spooky - on the edge of the mist too.

Why Indoril?
The question starts with why would anyone try in the first place? Who had the greatest need.

If you look at TES4 you will see that Indoril has been trashed to such an extent that refugees are taking shelter even with the Telvanni... ? and this must be part of an ongoing process.

So it occurred that Indoril are very up on education - though they are historically quite martial... and it just seemed a natural that there would be an Indoril Faction that was more far sighted than the rest, had spoken up and been shouted down, so they split off in the direction of the most natural refuge, while they could do so of their own choice, an dwith their assets intact.

Now this is TES3 so they are not going to Vvardenfell (the Blight and dagoth Ur are still around in TES3) - refugees will either go that way later or North to the Telvanni, as they are the nearest. But these people want to avoid the Telvanni who are too anti-Temple. This lot are not really anti-Temple on principal so much as seeing the writing on the wall. They see Helseth at odds with Almalexia and so they will not go to the Hlaalu (who are incidentally part of the problem) and they really disapprove of the Dres Vampire hierarchy who are also squeezing them, so what is left? The most natural team up is with the Redoran with whom they have both Martial Traditions and Temple in common, and some time to create links.

Also, as a result of their temple afiliation they have a lot of magic users - note I did not say magicians... So one must feel they are more sensitive to that side generally... Perhaps that makes them Mystic Warriors? and in their midst, there are those who were not totally comfortable with the Temple (many are likely to have sympathised with the Dissident Priests, but being Indoril these could not oppose the Temple in that way) but they have an affinity with Magica, so they turned to Alchemy. Why not just trade? Well, the Indoril are natural Administrators as well as teachers = Uni.

A University is not something that the Redoran would normally think of creating - but it is a natural for Indoril. However the Redoran, with only the lightest push from the Cerro would be proud to host such an endeavour - and guard it... from their enemies Wink Also the Redoran have already been pushed pretty hard by the Hlaalu, and with Imperial interference in Caldera they are starting to look for allies - maybe they will be able to absorbe this fine institution and part of Indoril somewhere up the line... they know there are hard times ahead, and these Indoril do not look to be a threat as is Hlaalu.

Further they know the Temple is weakening, and this new flowering of Dunmer ingenuity, founded by the traditional and trustworthy Indoril will help them compete with the new Imperial ways.

Also here is the Nerevarine (avatar of Nerevar who was of Indoril) who can do their negociating for them) ... - seems like a good place, the right people and the right time for them to make a new start.

Even so it will be a matter of delicate negociations, but Silgrad Tower is already a place where new meets old, and new allies are indeed needed.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

10-20-2006, 03:32 AM,

Whew

Ok, pretty much your last statement clears everything up for me. "New meets Old" I think ?(

I was not seeing it from that persepective, only from a Morrowind view.

The events you are referring to are events which will take place between the Arrival of the Nerevarine in Vv and to his departure to Akivar in OB...

A Kind of filler for the void time frame between the 2 games

I have absolutely no problem with that. With exception, my lack of knowledge of the events occuring during OB timeframe....

Smile good to have people around that know this stuff

Ok so House Indoril, can read between the lines and see events unfolding which give them concern as to their position. With this knowledge they consort with House Redoran to construct a University in Silgrad, to recruit and train. It also gives them a place of refuge.

Indoril does not know that the Redoran Nobles they are dealing with are Cerro Vampires, The Cerro see this as an opportunity to gain more control, more allies, and also provide them the necessary resources to continue their research towards a cure.

It also gives them a stage for recruitment and a potential victim pool of new students

Did I miss anything

Bob

10-20-2006, 01:44 PM,

Everything you have said fits ... :lmao: guess you are getting loads of practice with your precis and paraphrasing skills... bob##### gains 10pts in Paraphrasing... but loses 1 pt in precis skill (would be more but He is the Leader) (sorry, but you missed lots - that can be used later)

We have A School of Chivalry at the University - great idea to additionally have a separate University of S sponsored Fighters' Guild oriented Academy on a separate campus - if only to subvert the Fighters' Guild to increase support for the University and long-term Indoril/Redoran plans...
Steven Erikson.

10-20-2006, 02:11 PM,

9 of 10 not bad Smile

I addressed the issue of a possible secondary campus in the Cerro post.

10-20-2006, 02:14 PM,

Waja mean 9/10 ? Those were skill increases.

Noted that, bunged in something here just for the record...
Steven Erikson.

10-20-2006, 02:23 PM,

Ohhhhh

Well I'll have to adjust my stats accordingly

I should join the School too Smile

10-20-2006, 03:03 PM,

... of course, as a Reputable Contracting Agent acting on behalf of the distinguished group of Indoril Scholars who have commissioned the founding of the University you would be most welcome at very reasonable rates... and the dean might even teach you how to grow a real beard, not like that skimpy little thing in your avatar. :yes:

pssst... play your cards right on this and you could be in for an Honorary Degree (which does not cost a gold piece.) Wink
Steven Erikson.