Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SilgradCityRegionLoc0801lvl1 [Finished]
08-14-2010, 01:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
I think I fixed all the problems you mentioned.

Also, is there somethng wrong with the collision models for the Velothi Tomb tileset because whenever I havok somthing on the floor all it does is jiggle.

Ok, thanks AnImpatientFan, I will check it out.

I dont know much about collision. As far as havoc goes I dont use it that much but Sandor wants to know when modders have used it in their claims. Maybe sandor can elaborate on the collision and havoc question.

Have a great day
Charles
08-14-2010, 01:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
As far as havoc goes I dont use it that much but Sandor wants to know when modders have used it in their claims. Maybe sandor can elaborate on the collision and havoc question.

Have a great day
Charles
You (as a reviewer) should know about the fact that someone used Havok when reviewing a claim. Havok placed content floats.

Quote:From the reviewing criteria.
25.05.07 15:00 CET
After a thorough Core discussion the following has been decided:

Physiqued objects will from here on out be placed directly on the surface with the F key (do not use the havok sim).

Havok should be used in the following situations.

The havok sim should be used in these occasions that objects start falling through the surface of e.g. a table. Do not use "F" (*) and the object will hover slightly (which is ok).

A lot of the instances with havok objects falling through things is a result of the collision of the furniture.

It's ok to fill fruit bowls/baskets/buckets etc by activating the havok sim and using CTRL+D on the fruit or other foodstuff. After filling the bowl adjust (havok sim disabled) the objects (X, Y) and adjust the Z position while holding "Z". In that way there will be almost no floating and it's easy to fill the bowl/basket/bucket.

A modder should playtest the physics before submitting a claim. By simply taking a minute to move around the player character on every nook and cranny of his interior in-game and see if strange things happen to the objects. If an object behaves strangely, use the havok sim.

This list will be updated with new examples when necessary.

Inform the reviewer (upfront) you used the havok sim, otherwise it will be treated as a floater.
Don't use the Havok sim, just use "F" to settle the objects on the surface.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-15-2010, 03:23 PM,

Hi AnImpatientFan.

Objects:

StIaMiscCupWhiteGlass and StIaMiscCupPurpleGlass both floating. fixed

StRwSkelSacrum01 and StRwSkelFoot01 floating. fixed

StFurnDunPoorBed01R and StFurnDunPoorChair02F bleeding into floor. fixed

StRwRedwareCup bleeding into table. fixed

Pathgrid:

Pathnode bleeding into StFurnDunPoorTable05. fixed

Some pathnodes bleeding or floating. Also the lines between some pathnodes were very close to pillars. fixed

General:

Please, in the future pay attention to detail. These fixes were very simple stuff. As a reviewer if I have to take the time to go through every object twice it is burdensome. With a simple claim such as this, it does not consume alot time. But if in the future you want to expand into dialogue and quests your claim will need your full attention.

Remember the simple stuff.

@Sandor, I have attached a file.

Thanks and nice claim Smile
Charles
08-16-2010, 01:50 PM,

@Zurke

Thanks for the review and fixes. Smile

The file has been merged and will be available when I post the next public full esm version.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD