Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple, Small Town Quests
08-15-2006, 08:58 PM,
Simple, Small Town Quests
Remember these are ideas, feel free to add on or change the quest ideas..

=-The Lost Hero-=
A Dark Elf has lost her son, she remembers her son reading stories of Heroes and thinks he wants to become a hero himself. You search out for the son but when you see him you see a giant sand monster killing him.. The monster then faces you and you kill him.. You give the mother her son's ring as proof of his death.. You get a reward..

=-A New Disease-=
A new disease has been spreading, you ask a sick man what has happened to him and he sents you to a mage for a cure.. The mage then tells you he doesn't know the cure but he wants you to gather some rare herbs to make a potion on a patient to find a cure. You gather the herbs and give it to the mage, he makes the potion and when you test it on the patient his voice changes to a high pitch. You tell the mage that it is not a cure and you're sent to gather more herbs, the mage makes the potion once you give him the herbs and when you test it on the patient yet he (insert effect).. You tell the mage you've failed so he sends you agian, so you gather yet more herbs and the mage makes the potion but it turns out it works, the mage rewards you and sends you on another mission to give the cure to your quest giver and other people with the disease.

Fell free to post more quest ideas in this thread.
08-17-2006, 12:50 AM,

=what slithers at night=
a quest involving a town being attacked by a underground sand worm. it will contain a cavern with a underground oasis a giant sand worm and other oasis monsters like giant slaughter fish.

=tome of the dead=
A quest involving mummies who can only be hurt by fire. Cats. and stopping a cult from reading the book of the dead and destroying the world
08-17-2006, 12:57 AM,

Why must everything destroy the world? Make it so that they don't destroy the nearby oasis or something. I think pick and drop quests are ok, but lets make most quests for the location.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-17-2006, 07:49 AM,

=-Of Love and Justice-=
A Women fell in love with a man, she gives you a note to give to the man, she tells you she last seem him at a small camp with his hunting buddies. When you try to give it to him he and his buddies try to rob you (you find out that they're actually bandits, not hunters). You try to give him the note but he believes you're just trying to get away from him, you hand over the note and he seems suprised that someone would fall in love with a bandit but you tell him that she doesn't know. He writes a note and you give it to the lady, You tell him that he's a bandit but she doesn't care and would rather be a bandit with him than be seperated from him, she gives you a note saying that she will become a bandit to be with him.. You have the option of handing her over to the guards or giving the note to her lover and allow her to become a bandit.

=-A Severe Drought-=
The towns people are having a drought, you hear from rumors that the count is getting desperate. You ask the count if you can help and he asks you to check up whats going on. You go to the oasis and notice that all the water has been gone and see a wierd opening at the bottom of the former oasis. You enter and... (I ran out of ideas)
08-17-2006, 08:28 AM,

Well, it should depend on the size of the village naturaly.

btw. can you make each village and town have sort of it's own fame and infamy? Only villages if you can, because they're far aways to hear the actuall news. So when you do these nonsense quests, you would become well known in their village and that could lead to more quests or some privileges.

You could make it global controled.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
08-17-2006, 05:39 PM,

Possible, yes. Would the player notice or care? No.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-17-2006, 05:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous

Plenty would if you could make it noticable. I know that roleplayers definetly would.

Too bad you can't ignore action junkies.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
08-17-2006, 07:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous

Just have it in the rumor mill. That usually leads the player to search for whatever's happening.