Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sisiha Mangroves?
02-15-2010, 04:31 PM,
Sisiha Mangroves?
Here are some shots from my trial run for the mangrove region along the south coast. The asset replacement details are making it look similar to the Darkmoor region which lies very close to it. There are some darker textures on the land though and I'm hoping to use some more root textures for the watery area where you see the mangroves.

I'm a little concerned at how clean the water is looking and I'm still not sure if the swampwater is enabled...I need to check that out again, I think. I can't understand why it's refusing to become enabled if that's the case. This place will be absolutely buzzing with insects and the architecture will consist of very crude mud huts. I have one of Senten's creations from his resource packs in mind for these and, for Asashpan, I may also use the SI camps and Senten's other SICamp-like buildings with ramps attached.

I don't like the brighter textures here either. I may darken and 'greenify' the roots texture and change Koniption's bark textures for her mangroves so that they resemble the others.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-17-2010, 06:50 PM,

Looks wonderful, a but too bright though.. Or maybe its your or mine graphic settings
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM,
RE: Mangrove Development
As mentioned...

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I don't like the brighter textures here either. I may darken and 'greenify' the roots texture and change Koniption's bark textures for her mangroves so that they resemble the others.

I'm just doing that now, actually. Smile
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-17-2010, 07:46 PM,
RE: Mangrove Development
As mentioned...

I'm just doing that now, actually. Smile

I just wanted to be sure it's the texture issues...
02-17-2010, 08:02 PM,

I think it's another region that will look better in darker environments and bad weather. Looking at the root texture, I think I may be better off working mostly with the dirty swamp texture. That's going to be the default under-water texture for this region anyway so that should work fine.

Anyway, I've now added and adjusted all the models I need to and have only to pass the esp onto sandor. Once this is done, he can do an asset replacement and the mangrove region will be ready for landscaping. It will be missing the mangroves themselves, however. Adding them is going to be a bit of a pain but I know how to do it without giving me too much of a headache...and I've just set up a little 'trial run' in the form of a clump of mangroves to give people an idea of how it will look once finished.

Regions aren't a priority right now though. I'm more concerned about interiors, dungeons, creatures and quests so we can get the beta on the way...
02-17-2010, 08:06 PM,

I think it's another region that will look better in darker environments and bad weather. Looking at the root texture, I think I may be better off working mostly with the dirty swamp texture. That's going to be the default under-water texture for this region anyway so that should work fine.

Anyway, I've now added and adjusted all the models I need to and have only to pass the esp onto sandor. Once this is done, he can do an asset replacement and the mangrove region will be ready for landscaping. It will be missing the mangroves themselves, however. Adding them is going to be a bit of a pain but I know how to do it without giving me too much of a headache...and I've just set up a little 'trial run' in the form of a clump of mangroves to give people an idea of how it will look once finished.

Regions aren't a priority right now though. I'm more concerned about interiors, dungeons, creatures and quests so we can get the beta on the way...

Whoa, is this included in the beta-release?
02-17-2010, 08:11 PM,

Not really, but I'll probably need to have the adjoining regions in place because I don't want the playable area to stop with just a blank canvas. So the regions will be created, just not landscaped or fully modded.

If we get further down the line with interiors, dungeons, creatures and quests then I'll consider opening up some settlement claims and other stuff that goes beyond the beta regions...although keeping our focus on the beta, of course.
02-17-2010, 08:15 PM,

Ok, we also need to generate at least the east part of Cyrodiil landscape in the BM Worldspace.
02-17-2010, 08:35 PM,

Yes, that's another thing I'm looking into.
02-22-2010, 08:36 PM,

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f_tEh3tcwY

It's from a Morrowind argonia mod. Perhaps he'd let us make use of the trees?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!