Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sixth's Dagoth Velos
12-05-2006, 12:51 PM,
Sixth's Dagoth Velos
I'm starting the writing soon. The experiences that will be described are limited to whats within morrowind. obviously we have no supernatural experiences besides those within being a sleeper, and reaching ascencion. But other lines will be drawn if they need to be...

Are we still going with the new face of peace for the sixth house? I mean, is their evil mask broken or what?

Anyway, onto his personality.

I figure Velos to be a type of a compassionate dictator. The compassion is so edible you can feel it. Along with that, he uses the carrier of his sleeper status to influence the house. He has a view of underminding the established dogma of the tribunal, and carries this with his persona.

As for his story, I figured he started off much like the good ashlander warrior, perhaps from the northern most settlement. But after exposure to the blight, it was to his suprise that he had the ablility to overcome it. After this, he began to have visions. His visions entailed Morrowind, a land free of house clamour, a land united under the vision of restoration. The blight would be a vehicle for this vision to come to reality. He felt the rejection of his own after revealing these dreams to his tribe's seer. She called him a heretic and deemed him insane for his claims, and as a result, he was exiled.

His skin afterwards began to grow deeper and more increasingly dark, along with other physical changes. After years of wandering the ashlands, he was discovered by a paticular Dagoth ____. Taken in, he was shown a contrast of the life he was led to believe under the ashlanders, and the view of the sixth house. By then, his tranformation became that of an asencended sleeper. His growth unto a higher status continued, as he began to grasp control of his 'features'. Soon enough, he himself began to work in the administration of the sixth house, that is after the dagoths realized his power. They brought him to Dagoth Ur himself...

from here on, my mind races with confict of morrowind lore/ morrowind mainquest events, and his 'hidden' involvment with some of them. Of course if you wanna make him come after Neveraine, feel free to snip all of this out.
12-05-2006, 07:45 PM,

its good to talk about the mysterious Dagoth Velos...

so far my plan for the 6th House is to try to re-establish itself as a secular power...
there will be civil war between Dunmer Dagoths and the corprus men, but eventually, some corprus men will join the Dunmer in eradicating the 6th House Cult that had gone too far. This new 6th House will manifest itself at Red Mt. and will claim the region as its own soveriegn country. They will spread rumors throughout the poor of Dunmer society that a new life can be found by those who seek it hard enough.
Of course the Temple which has recently changed and reform dislikes this and is very afraid that soon the new hero-worship/ancestor cult at Red mt. will draw away many Vvardenfell faithful. Also, they have rumors that the cult is in Red Mt.... veeerrry suspicious...
anyhow the new 6th House will see the Nerevarine as the great judge hero, who put their tragic hero Dagoth Ur out of misery, and punished the Tribunal for their betrayal and compassionately allowed Vivec to live. They want to build up their strength peacefully, but the Temple wouldn't let that happen....

but as for his beginnings... Confusedhrug:
he was there before the Nerevarine came so yes your story can apply.
I think a few things should be part of his character:
- very patriotic for his House
- quiet and thoughtful, calculating
- ruthless towards opposition
- very smart, but limited in knowledge
- sympathy for the down-trodden

now a few things I would like to discuss as well...
will the new House Dagoth be old-style or progressive?
I figure that they will suddenly have a burst of revival in their culture from the long corruption and stagnation due to the Dagoth Ur. All with some Dagoth blood in them feel a calling to go to Red Mt. And maybe in the old Dwemer ruins a new community is born. Maybe the House Dagoth is progressive.... maybe they welcome outlanders, maybe they are open to hirelings, maybe they try to be peaceful?
12-05-2006, 08:22 PM,

Whats this have to do with anything i see no point in this please someone explain to me?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
12-05-2006, 09:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Whats this have to do with anything I see no point in this please someone explain to me?
Dagoth Velos has a huge thing to do with the mainquest...

its like saying... "whats Vivec have to do with anything"

basically... Dagoth Velos is a leader amongst the remnants of the House Dagoth... and thus his actions will greatyl affect them and the MQ which revolves around the aftermath of Dagoth Ur's defeat and Vivec's gradual changing and reforming of the Temple ...etc.etc.
12-05-2006, 11:14 PM,

With the whole supernatural dreamer thing... it would be very difficult for the sixth house to be a 'secular' power. Infact, even if they did, I'm sure acecended sleepers would still be hunted as abominations from crusaders from the temple. If it has to come down to it, we may have to consider the actual underworkings of the house, and go from there. Infact if we do that we'll probably find most of the problems solved eloquently.

As for Velos, it would be excellent to have him come to talk to negotiate the new terms of their 'vision' of the sixth house's role with the other great houses, and would even be more cool for the player to be able to effect these situations.
12-05-2006, 11:35 PM,

thats the plan

and as for the whole supernatural thing... there are many with Dagoth blood, and many who do not see the greatness in deformity... but whatever the case, there will be a civil war where Dagoth Velos, corprus men loyal to the new Dunmer House, and Dagoth Dunmer will wipe out most of the old 6th House Cult. They want to portray themselves as victims, led astray by a tragic hero and driven-mad (Dagoth Ur), and having survived massacres and ruination they still come out and offer peace to Morrowind...
and then point and say "see, even though the three betrayed Nerevar we stood true! See even though their fathers and mothers were killed, we Dagoth orphans did not kill our foster parents in their sleep! See, though the nerevarine struck down our tragic and insane hero-god Dagoth Ur, we accepted his judgement!"
12-05-2006, 11:55 PM,

Let's goto Velos in paticular

What is his personality, what does he like, dislike, hate, abhor, desire, profess.

Even his physical skills, before he became a sleeper. How those skills developed afterwards.

Who was his friends when he was young, how did they see his dreams when he had them

I wanna describe him hunting with his friends that'd be fun. =D