Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skooma Skooma 'round the world
09-24-2011, 09:40 AM,

Hey guys, when Greenspring is completely finsished we are going to work on this.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
09-24-2011, 09:58 AM,

Excellent news! So good to hear about development on the questing front. Btw, having spoken to AndalayBay, our advisor on all matters quest-related, it is important that no scripting is done in interior locations or involving objects that begin with a number in front of their Editor ID (EDID) name.

The EDIDs will be changed in due course but, for the time being, they need to be avoided when using scripts. This is just for future reference.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-24-2011, 09:58 AM,

Okay IG
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
09-24-2011, 10:09 AM,

Huh, I don't recall knowing about this quest, sounds cool though, I might just start by creating all the necessary NPC's and uploading them so you guys don't have to bother with that, or have you already started PWN. Anyway I suggest making Guts-His-Prey a Bozak, they look like very angry guys and that fits his character. Also ''Boz'' sounds like ''Boos'' and thats the dutch word for angry Smile
Well here I am, I guess.........
09-24-2011, 10:15 AM,

Just a quick point: using NPCs for quests may prove a little tricky as there are some NPCs ideally suited for things relating to the MQ and major questlines and we want to avoid overlap and getting the scripts all entangled. AFAIK that is one issue related to multiple questing that causes problems.

My main concern is to try to make use of the existing NPCs in the settlements whilst avoiding this. Therefore, quests that are written need to carefully consider which NPCs to use and where they can be found. Run it by me if you're not sure and I'll try to make the best decision.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-24-2011, 10:17 AM,

I thought you had all already decided to make Guts-His-Prey for this quest, if not he could be like live and sleep in the same alley where the quest starts, like a beggar, except he's not.
Well here I am, I guess.........
09-24-2011, 10:20 AM,

I thought we did? Some verification maybe?
09-24-2011, 10:34 AM,

Yeah, that's no problem. I was just making sure you were aware of the issue.
09-24-2011, 10:48 AM,

K then
10-03-2011, 09:27 PM,

Any news, folks? As long as there are no editor IDs in what you're working on beginning with a number you should be fine.