Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyrim
10-03-2005, 09:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Danath_in
here is the kubbe i have been working on still have to figure out how to break the hard edges and get it to gal for texturing.

Collapse it to an editable mesh, unroll the edit mesh modifier, select 'Edge', then select the edges, then scroll down the parameters in the right sidebar until you find Chamfer. Edit a value and hit return, and the edges will become less hard. It usually works, but not always. Hope it helps Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-03-2005, 09:25 PM,

Cool cool thanks, gonna give it a shot and see what shakes loose thanks a million been wracking the brain all day lol

Question: Should this be done before or after assembly? Or does it really matter?

This is what i came up with after doing that. Does it look about right to you?

Danath_in has attached this image (downsized version):
[Image: tn_attachment-0519.jpg]
test1.jpg (109.47 KB)
The keeper of the one and only Evil Beagle.
10-03-2005, 11:04 PM,

Sorry, no, as you see the edges in your mesh have been "corrupted", for lack of a better word. I would suggest that you try it out some edges at a time; if it works and looks good from all angles, deselect everything and continue marking up edges for the second try. That's how I usually do it myself, and I don't get it right all the time either Big Grin

It might be easier if you add an Optimize modifier and tick the box "Auto edge" (very handy), as that will most likely give you less edges to keep track of without changing the appearance of your model. You should only do that if you're sure you won't be working with that particular mesh again. Chamfer is only useful on the particular edges you want to smooth, by the way, if you use it on other edges the chances are it'll do more damage than good, and as Chamfer doesn't get added as a modifier, undoing the changes can prove difficult.

I don't know if the attached pictures help illustrate it, but I figured they might. I slapped up a 32x32x32 box with 1-1-1 segments and chamfered three of the edges (2,0) to make them look less hard.

Razorwing has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-0520.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-0521.jpg]
2005-10-04_chamfer_before.jpg (20 KB) | 2005-10-04_chamfer_after.jpg (25.36 KB)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-04-2005, 05:31 PM,

okies back to the drawing board. will get this worked out eventualy

thanks razor

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Seems that your plans for Skyrim rekindled my interest in the Nordic culture.

Please have a look at the two attachments and tell me what you think.

Greetings

Quentin

Galrna was wondering what futhark the runes you used are from?
10-04-2005, 06:01 PM,

I knew that this question would come up with the two of you around. Wink

The font is called Ice-egg Futhark Runes and I think it's based on the Elder Futhark, but don't beat me, if I'm wrong. (The font survived various new installations of my systems ... a lot of my textfiles and links didn't).

I basically chose it, because it had the most ... how to say it? ... carved look, if you know what I mean.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM,

Hmm.. I wonder if I can find my old futhark font set for windows? hehehe

I like the looks of Fehu.. I don't suppose you have the rest of the futhark handy do you? Smile I'd rather avoid recreating them in photoshop if I can help it.
aka Lacey or Mrs. Danath_in. hehe
10-05-2005, 08:58 PM,

Your wish - my command. Wink

Greetings

Quentin

P.S.: and a link

http://www.rune-fonts.co.uk/fontlist.php

[attachment=0527]iefuthrk.zip[/attachment]
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-05-2005, 09:47 PM,

quick question:
I expect you guys will be making Winterhold... the capitol city
is it possible that my Vvardenfell mod and your Skyrim mod be compatible in that perhaps Nordic adventurers in Dagon Fel can bring you by longboat to Winterhold?

something like that?

because I'd hate to have my Nords land in Vvardenfell... but have no fatherland to go back to... Big Grin
10-06-2005, 03:32 AM,

at this point all i can honestly say is i dont know. winterhold will be quite some time comming since we are starting with riften and vermin wood.
However if its just transportation to dagon fel and back dont see a problem with that at all ..

Edit 2005.10.07 14:57:
I am wondering if anyone out there is into modleing creatures who is sorta board and wants to tinker with an idea i had last night at work.

Idea runs like this.
An extreamly fast and stealthy bipedual critter about 7 feet tall or so with the perpencity for human flesh. Heavy in the legs and chest with high musle tone in the arms and leg area walks slightly hunched forward but not so much to cause it to be slowed down 4 fingerd hands that end in about 6 inch razor sharp claws.

The body is well fured but on the short side.
the head is heavly fured with like a lions mane that terminates at the face area. this fur should be bushy but not to obscure the eye site or render feeding difficult.

no this isnt a bigfoot or a yeti type creature lol

this is the best i can do to describe it beast.

I wish i had the skills to creat this myself but i know that i dont so wont attempt it ..

having a hardenough time with the stavechurch and getting the kubbe to look right.
10-07-2005, 03:34 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Danath_in
am wondering if anyone out there is into modleing creatures who is sorta board and wants to tinker with an idea i had last night at work.

Idea runs like this.
An extreamly fast and stealthy bipedual critter about 7 feet tall or so with the perpencity for human flesh. Heavy in the legs and chest with high musle tone in the arms and leg area walks slightly hunched forward but not so much to cause it to be slowed down 4 fingerd hands that end in about 6 inch razor sharp claws.

The body is well fured but on the short side.
the head is heavly fured with like a lions mane that terminates at the face area. this fur should be bushy but not to obscure the eye site or render feeding difficult.

no this isnt a bigfoot or a yeti type creature lol

this is the best i can do to describe it beast.

I wish i had the skills to creat this myself but i know that i dont so wont attempt it ..

having a hardenough time with the stavechurch and getting the kubbe to look right.

would it be okay if I tried to draw that creature and scan/post it?
EDIT: almost done... do you want color?