Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Slightly) Modified Generic Lines
02-19-2008, 11:05 PM,
(Slightly) Modified Generic Lines
Hello all,

Can I just draw the TWV voice people's attention to this thread I started over at Skyrim:- Nord Voice Lines

I was planning to fit in a few more of these recordings that include dialect or race-specific terms in and around the normal ones. Not much, just a little to spice things up a bit and make the whole experience more authentic and preferably in keeping with the lore.

I started this after Ja-Kha'Jay helped me to Morrowind-ise my Khajit lines in a way that offers us another possibility for splitting the voices up into regional varieties in a way that quite cunningly minimises filesize and effort. What we decided was to have one set of indigenous Khajit who used certain ethnic patterns of speech quite regularly and another set who were more 'Imperialised' and spoke in a more commonplace fashion with less dialectical terms.

To translate that for those of you who are noobs to voice work, this means that:

* "M'aiq wishes you well" is the 'Imperialised' form, and
* "M'aiq wishes jajo well" is the 'Khajiti' form

or,

* "This one is through talking to you" is the 'Imperialised' form, and
* "This one is through talking to that one" is the 'Khajiti' form

Steve quite rightly thought that some of the more 'Imperialised' patterns of Ja-Kha'jay's script were there due to the fact that they only appeared when the Khajit in question was responding positively to the player. Hence they speak in a more congenial fashion - an excellent point to make for anyone also considering modifying generic scripts.

This may all seem to be quite painfully complicated and I wouldn't want to scare off voice actors who have little time on their hands as it is, but I thought it might be worth thinking about if someone was looking to add a little extra spice to their dialogue or wanting to create a regional variant for their generic voice.

My other recordings include the Imperials but they're split down the line of accent, although I may slip in a few more Imperial phrases perhaps, but not much at all, really.

I would advise all other generic bods to speak to their lore masters if they wish to take on this task but I wouldn't want to force anyone to do this. The amount of lines for us generic voicers is huge!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]