Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Questline Idea
01-09-2011, 09:04 AM,

Sounds good :thumbsup:

Pride
What's the use of a good quote if you can't change it?
01-11-2011, 07:16 PM,

So, if we're using Lumen Julianii as our quest location, I think we should make it fairly difficult to get to, and as bob said, it's meant to be hard to find.

I'm thinking we could make it in it's own worldspace (small of course) and you enter through a cave, which has several puzzles and traps (which I'll have details for when I make the quest for it) and you enter in a kind of circular clearing, that is quite small and surrounded on all sides by giant cliffs (and a collision box over the top so you can't get out, but you can see the sky so it looks similar to the TES3 version) but this area won't be in the STLand so as far as the NPCs there can tell, there's nothing there.

In the clearing is the cathedral (Lumen Julianii itself). Also, to make it more accessible in the future, perhaps we could make a teleporter that you have to activate on the Lumen Julianii side that transports you to a location in the STLand for easy access afterwards (maybe a shrine to Julianos somewhere).
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-12-2011, 06:51 AM,

I like it :goodjob:
A suggestion:
Why not have the teleport take the player to places of learning as opposed to temples?

Pride
What's the use of a good quote if you can't change it?
01-12-2011, 09:52 AM,

Howdy

Let me step back for a moment, the MW player never took this quest, it was not added so the quest is new.

My suggestion being that we start this somehow at a point where the
Thief is at the catheral has established himself and gained followers

Has made contact with a Daedra Prince (which one TBD) and has begun the task of gathering and performing the required tasks as you have suggested previously but has not gained access to the well as of yet.

My thought on the beginning of this quest....

Option 1 A call via messenger from the real priests friends in Soluthis
meet with them as requested and they will indicate that they are concerned for their friend and explain how he was on his way to the catherdral, (which they do not know the location) but they haven't heard from him in a long time and wanted you to look for him and send word of his status.

Option 2 would involve these "detectives" but I need to understand who they are, is this something you all have been working on for a new group? Enlighten me.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM,

OK, I misread your post and thought that the quest was made. I re-read and saw that it is not.

For the daedric prince, I intend to use the system I wrote earlier in this post. We could say that by finishing the offering to Clavicus Vile, he will open the well.

The detectives are just an agency based in Silgrad City. At the moment, I don't plan to make them joinable though.

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
My thought on the beginning of this quest....

Option 1 A call via messenger from the real priests friends in Soluthis
meet with them as requested and they will indicate that they are concerned for their friend and explain how he was on his way to the catherdral, (which they do not know the location) but they haven't heard from him in a long time and wanted you to look for him and send word of his status.

Option 2 would involve these "detectives" but I need to understand who they are, is this something you all have been working on for a new group? Enlighten me.
I'm thinking combine the two options and say that the priest's friend contacted the agency to help them.

The priest could then be one of the offerings to Molag Bal as well as the thief's source of info, but he kept him alive (imprisoned to see what else he knew) and the player could rescue him before they sacfrifice him.

06-22-2011, 08:38 AM,

It's been a long while since any progress was made on this, but this summer, I'm prepared to try and get this sorted out if we can finish the planning.

black[/HR]

Continuing from before, how about the PC just finds the detectives at a crime scene in SC? The player would offer to help and the detective boss would reluctantly let him help for a little bit. The player stumbles on a massive lead and the detective asks him to help with the entire case.

@sandor: Also, would there be enough interior claims in SC left to make the agency and the homes of the detectives (approx. 5)?

06-22-2011, 04:17 PM,

If it helps any, here's the list of Silgrad City claims left:

SCC0342: Riverside guard tower, specific location
SCC0337: No preference
SCC0329: A home for two poor families
SCC0328: A home for two poor families
SCC0327: the famliy of bread reseller
SCC0322: The house of a city official
SCC0305: Guard tower, little instruction as to location
SCC0411: Carpenter's house
SCC0440: retired civil servant's house
SCC0431: Butcher's house (not a shop)
SCC0430: A mage's house
SCC0441: Apartment complex w/ rentable rooms

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking of possible names for this organization, and after consulting Majra's Dunmeri translator (I wonder what Majra is up to these days...), I came up with the following:

Mer Ku' Talid = People Who Search

It's the closest thing I came to "detective" Tongue.

talid = to search
mer = people
ku’ = who

What do you think of that name? I can try to come up with other examples, if you like.

One thing we may want to think about to is how to tie the agency itself to the Morrowind/ Dunmeri feeling. I'll post any ideas when they come to me Smile.
06-22-2011, 04:34 PM,

I like the name and it's easy to say :goodjob:

I'm guessing that pretty much all of them are in the Riverside district (except for the last one)?

If so, and I'm allowed to use them if this quest is approved, I'll claim some for this quest.