Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solfarm05 [Claimed]
03-22-2009, 11:38 AM,

All right. I've written out a schedule for Savvas. It won't totally functional for a while, but I can implement at least a little bit of it now.

Thanks again. With your help and the help of a few tutorials here, I should be able to pick it up in no time! Big Grin

One more question: How do Aggression, Energy, Confidence and Responsibility work? Are they on a 0-100 scale? Does 100 energy mean that the NPC never needs a rest?
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
03-22-2009, 12:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
Are they on a 0-100 scale? Does 100 energy mean that the NPC never needs a rest?
They are on a 0-100 scale.

The energy level determines how often the actor moves to a new location when executing wander packages.

Extra info.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-22-2009, 08:08 PM,

At the moment there is not any middle class furniture/objects. The upper class furmiture/objects are labeled as such. Glass objects are upper class.

Redware is usually middle class. But being a pottery maker gives that exception.
03-22-2009, 11:36 PM,

Awesome! Thanks again guys. Smile

EDIT: When creating an eat package at reference, where should you typically put your x marker? I tried putting it at the chair, at the table, near the chair, etc... but none of it worked. :lol:
03-23-2009, 01:43 PM,

EDIT: When creating an eat package at reference, where should you typically put your x marker? I tried putting it at the chair, at the table, near the chair, etc... but none of it worked. :lol:
Make the chair persistent (see below) and select the chair (near reference).
The NPC will sit down while eating.

If you create an X-marker, put it on the floor. The NPC will stand still and starts to eat or walk around depending on the radius (>0).

AI and assigning a specific bed (or chair) to a NPC.

[blockquote] You can't select e.g. a bed in a sleep package unless you checked "persistent reference".[/blockquote]
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-24-2009, 11:49 PM,

Aha! Funny, I was just wondering how to make two NPCs sleep in the same bed. It's like you knew... :pop: Tongue

Anyways, thanks again. I'm learning a great deal more than I could on my own.

As far as progress goes, I have only been testing out the house to see if there are any strange things going on. So far I've only seen one. On the downstairs shelf , on the middle shelf to be precise, there is a so-called Dunmer Toolbox that I placed. Inside the box there are two spools of yar, three clothespins and a pair of shears. Now, the problem I'm encountering is that when I bump into the shelf right where the the toolbox is, it spazzes out and makes everything on the shelf start to either float, fall over, or in just tweak out in general. The strange part is that it doesn't matter if I move the toolbox backwards to a position where the player shouldn't even be able to bump into it, it still spazzes out regardless of how far back I set it.

I suppose I'll have to delete it if there's no other way to cure it. Other than that the only other weird thing is that if I am sneaking and I walk to the shelf and look up at one of the jugs on the middle shelf, my screen turns black. The game doesn't crash, the screen just goes black until I move away from the jug.

Alright, that's it. I'm going to go take a nap now. :lol:
03-25-2009, 02:45 AM,

Hi ZDawg. I am on my only night off for the week and where am I? Here one of my favorite places.

I believe the issue with the toolbox and yarn etc. has to do with havoc. I have at times placed berries in a bowl and had the same outcome. If I were to do what you did with the toolbox I would expect the outcome you experienced. I am afriad the only solution is to possibly use a open basket .

Also I spoke to you about that rock formation previously. It is not in Montana. It is in WY and it is called Devils Tower.
03-25-2009, 02:48 AM,

Please don't delete the toolbox you placed. Smile When you see strange things like that it's because I haven't perfected the model. I've gotten better and better at modelling over the years, and the tools (the Max exporter and Nifskope) have gotten better too. There are many examples of issues with models that are due to me not having a full grasp of how to do certain things at that particular time. I try to update whenever I can, but we have so many models that I could easily spend a whole year just perfecting everything using the skills I have now vs. the skills I might have had two years ago.

But anyway, I'm glad you made me aware there was a problem with the toolbox and I will make sure to work on it. Perhaps once you've finished your interior I can use your interior to test out changes to the toolbox and then I'll tweak it until it's stable. I looked at it just now and in hindsight I can see why it's physics are volatile Smile

Though models starting to float is perfectly normal, it just means their havok physics has become active. Oblivion models do that too, to varying degrees.

Aah, the infamous black screen bug! Big Grin It only affects players who have certain video cards. Not me, unfortunately, so I don't notice the problem in-game. I think I recall how to fix it. Can you give the Construction Set ID of the model that caused it? I'll then make modifications to it and send it to you and then next time you playtest you can check if the black screen bug happens again.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-25-2009, 10:47 PM,

Can do. I'll find that shortly. I'm writing a poem write now, but I'll be done soon. My writing comes in spurts these days, as my mind is becoming more and more fleeting. It makes my writing better, but I have to write when the inspiration comes, or I might lose it.

Anyways, I'm rambling now. :lol:
03-26-2009, 09:58 PM,

Can do. I'll find that shortly. I'm writing a poem write now, but I'll be done soon. My writing comes in spurts these days, as my mind is becoming more and more fleeting. It makes my writing better, but I have to write when the inspiration comes, or I might lose it.

Anyways, I'm rambling now. :lol:

Okidoki.

I see you're active on The Stage too, which is great. That board definitely needed new posts Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]