Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solstheim
04-09-2007, 11:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Moryal
Wow, that map looks cool. Smile Will that be included with the master file when it's released?
It's the same map produced by TES4qLOD if you download either of the LOD texture packs for the heightmap (see the heightmap thread), however they don't include Solstheim (just Vvardenfell and Firemoth).

This style of map works fine as an in-game map (I have got it to work), and could possibly be layered somehow over another map, but both Cyrodiil and SI have far less busy, hand-drawn maps, so I think Dave_91 will be attempting something different, possibly starting with the vertex colour map, like this which can be extracted directly from the heightmap (though this particular archive image doesn't include Firemoth).

In a day or two I'll release a new TESAnnwyn (it's been sitting collecting dust the last 6 weeks since I started a new job), so if you wanted, you could quite easily create a combined TES4 scaled and textured ESP of all three TES3 mods combined, then use TES4qLOD to produce a high detailed map like the one below (at highest detail using 4096x4096 cell textures, it'll be over 500Mb though!)

Lightwave
04-10-2007, 04:30 PM,

Well, it's obviously going to need new snow and ice textures, and probably new grass as well. That would mean only one texture for snow and one for ice otherwise.
Lol what?