08-23-2007, 11:04 PM,

It is :/
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
08-23-2007, 11:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by HiddenBut there is one issue I can think of, load order for that Solstheim master file has to be "01" or the distant landmass will not appear.
They can fix the Solstheim load order problem using TES4Gecko's Move Worldspace option which should move the Worldspace's FormID to modindex 00 and will update any other record references to it. I think TES4Gecko will even go as far as renaming the distant land LOD files too.

There will be no conflict so long as no-one uses clashing editorID names. This project's worldspace is just called Vvardenfell, no special prefix.

It would have been easy to add a scaled up texture converted Solstheim to this heightmap (I mean, really easy) but since a Solthseim project already existed it was decided not to. Should both projects reach completion someday it may be possible to combine them so each is visible from the other, but I image the scale of the other Solstheim is to the original, whereas our Vvardenfell is 2x larger (4x the surface area).

That's something for the future though, for now they can co-exist without conflict in their own worldspaces.

Lightwave
08-24-2007, 01:25 AM,

Well we aren't going to have Solstheim in this mod. However it has been agreed that Vvardenfell, Silgrad, and Skyrim will all have some bearing on the plot in Solstheim even though its the Skyrim team that is making it (last I checked)

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Why would we make our mod with compat with another mod? Does that even make sense to you? We are very busy doing our work not just to add to the pile to make it work with another mod.
I PM you.
08-24-2007, 01:35 PM,

You know, we did think of a way to solve this LOD problem. We COULD generate our LOD not just for load order 01 but for 00 02 03 04 05 ... up to 10. And then it wouldn't matter much, because I doubt there are so many master files in the entire modding community anyway. Sure, that would occupy 11 times more memory, but comeon, who hasn't got enough hard drive memory for about 550MB instead of 50 or whatever the LOD files occupy?

As for packaging identical files, 7-zip takes care of that quite nicely. Identical files would only be included once.
Co-leader of Project Solstheim-Vvardenfell-Mournhold
Experienced Modders Welcomed to Join
sovvmteam@yahoo.com
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM,

Well you got DUNE, ST, TR, all BC mods and several other mods with a master... So that's about then already. Then you got Underneath, Loremod and another newly announced landmass mod...
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
08-24-2007, 07:04 PM,

but look, we have a huge Vvardenfell.... I feel that is enough... that is our priority, that is our mod, and that is what we're working on... but add Solstheim and we've got a whole nother project practically... we're doing ok with just Vvardenfell... add another island about 25%(?) the size of Vvardenfell and you might as well add another year to our mod developement timeline...

Skyrim is/was working on Solstheim and thats that :yes:
08-24-2007, 08:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hidden
You know, we did think of a way to solve this LOD problem. We COULD generate our LOD not just for load order 01 but for 00 02 03 04 05 ... up to 10.
The LOD problem was solved at the beginning of this year. You just put it in modindex 00 and the load order doesn't matter; the game will never change the index. I discovered this by accident when I wrote TESAnnwyn which is why the Vvardenfell heightmap also isn't affected by any load order.

Lightwave
08-26-2007, 02:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Johnny-Luk@
Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Why would we make our mod with compat with another mod? Does that even make sense to you? We are very busy doing our work not just to add to the pile to make it work with another mod.
Are you always like that? You act like a major jerk 24/7. No offence, but it's the fact.

That was the most redundant use of 'no offence' I have ever seen =/
'Archzz' on Oblivion:
"Lots of you ppl are lucky ur comp runs it.... mine says sumthing about registering online and my ip address....i took it back"
08-26-2007, 02:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Richard
That was the most redundant use of 'no offence' I have ever seen =/

From my completely objective viewpoint, I think bringing that up again wouldn't be a good idea. Confusedhrug:

Quote:Originally posted by Lightwave
The LOD problem was solved at the beginning of this year. You just put it in modindex 00 and the load order doesn't matter

Silgrad Tower did that for v.2.5, and the results are very nice.
08-26-2007, 04:19 AM,

All of this "Conflicting ESM" nonsense. It shouldn't arrive as a big problem. The way I see it, just convert all of your finished esm's to esp's, and there go these so called "conflicts"
Lol what?