Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questions from a fan
03-23-2007, 01:09 PM,
Some questions from a fan
Hi to all,

First of all, i want to congratulate everyone for bravely taking on this massive project. I'm sure that your work here is appreciated by much more people than you may think. I'm really excited about playing this since Morrowind remains up to this day my favourite game. So... to cut a long story short, I'm planning to reinstall Morrowing again after a long time WITH your mod onboard when the next release comes out. I just want to ask about a few things.......okay, here we go.....

vanilla Morrowind had some serious balancing issues when it came about locating powerful weapons, armor,items e.t.c. In short, its levelled loot lists where a mess (as far as balancing was concerned). Can i hope that you have taken this into more consideration in your mod and you have provided for a more balanced experience like making the finding of powerful equipment a difficult and rewarding experience as it should have been with the original Morrowind? That was my major issue with the game and i took care of it with mods but i don't think that mods will work very good with your project so massive as it is, many things are bound to conflict....

Which brings us to my next question, i suppose a mod that changes pricing/stats of original MW weapons/armors should work fine with original weapons/armors appearing in your mod right? I'm playing with Adventurers TC beta, a mod that i can simply not go without, so i hope the conflicts will be as small as possible. If any of you had any experience with this mod can you please provide some feedback on this?

Anyway, thanks for your time and keep up the good work. Is the new release going to ready in the next couple of months?
03-23-2007, 01:26 PM,

Howdy raf256

Thanks for the Cudo's and glad your one of the few in the right midset...Morrowind Rules !! Smile

Short and Simple: Any Item of significant power or value will be difficult to obtain !

Long and Sweet: Thier really hasn't been much change since the original 1-4_3 release that is playable... a few broken quests have been fixed some landscaping issues and more interiors have been completed, no new quests have been added nor any items of value.

Thier is lots of things in work, the landmass for 1 has nearly doubled with the addition of the 2 Ben Vagara Mods. the interiors list which needs completing has nearly tripled to over 200.

Unfortunately I have been the only one devoted 100% to ES3 Silgrad for quite some time, so it is going to be awhile before anything else is released. I had a bit of trouble with the last release due to my inexperience in packaging a mod of the size and it was reported that their were a few minor issues, I don't want to take that chance again. I would rather take longer and produce a quality enjoyable and playable mod.

Unless thier is a big surge of modders wanting to help with ES3 Silgrad then it will be a little longer but worth the wait !

I have never used Adventurers TC I will look it up and see how it works with Silgrad

Hope that answers your Q's

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-23-2007, 02:51 PM,

Thanks for the quick response,

I'm sure the next release will be great. I've read a lot of positive comments about this mod but what really excites me so much is that it stays very close to the lore. Am i right to assume that books as well as NPC's responses will reflect that accuracy to lore, like when you ask them about rumours, morrowind lore, little advice e.t.c? If thats the case then it would be grant.

Also, any creatures or models being made specifically for this mod?

Okay i will not bore you with more questions, please don't loose your dedication to this mod, i'm sure it will be something special in the end.
03-23-2007, 03:03 PM,

Your Welcome

As far as Lore goes, with respect to places, major events, and primary NPC's, nothing has changed from what is known lore, the Rumors are and work the same as in Vanilla MW, we are however adding some "personal" rumors to NPC's to give it a more realistic, living feeling

Currently their are no new creatures or models being made for this version of Silgrad , their are some that will be needed later and were gonna address them as the time comes

Smile

Enjoy
Bob

04-24-2007, 08:10 AM,

Hi to all,

sorry to bump this thread but there are a couple of additional little things i wanted to ask....

First, let me say that my initial compliments still stand of course. Now, i recently downloaded version 1_4_3, patch 1_4_6, Blacklight 1.31 and patch 1.31e. To my questions then...

1) is this install order correct?
-Silgrad 1_4_3
-Blacklight 1.31
-Blacklight 1.31e patch
-Silgrad 1_4_6 patch

I put 1_4_6 last, because i assumed you also added a few things to Blacklight as well, that is, newer things since last patch version 1.31e. Am i right?

2) When the new release is out will i be able to upgreade easily and continue with my existing game? Should i start playing the game now or should i wait for the next release?

3)Is the mod generally friendly with texture replacers? Should i install the mod first and then a texture replacer or the other way around? Or it doesn't matter?

4)Any word on the release of the new version?

5)I couldn't help being impressed with the size this mod is taking. Generally speaking, what new things should we expect with the new version?

Thank you for putting up with questions and all the best to you.
04-26-2007, 11:57 AM,

any answer, someone?
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM,

Howdy

First question should answer some of the rest

If you have the 1-4_6 version you do not need 1-4_3 or Blacklight those are included, so toss them aside

The Mod is texture replacement friendly, just check your texture replacer mod and all should change as designated

New Revisions: I would like to say that it will be soon, but as things have been slow and their are still over 200 interiors to finish I can't commit to anything, With regard to Blacklight I do not know, if Rodan is going to continue work on it then it's his call, if he decides that ES3 Blacklight is no longer feasible then any revisions to Silgrad Tower Mod will include Blacklight

The landmass is quite large and is still growing, my goal is to have all of western morrowind to the Thir River and a few cells past that, also the eastern boundries of Cyrodiil and Skyrim as far west as Windhelm

I just released a Mod on Planet ES for St. Delyn Peak it adds the Shrine Interiors and a few nice things to play with, it should be available to download within the next few days

Thanks for the continued support Smile

Enjoy
Bob

04-27-2007, 07:39 AM,

Thank you Bob.

If Rodan is not willing to continue his work on TES3 Blacklight, I'm assuming that you will try to complete his work on future versions of Silgrad Tower, right?(like fixing any bugs that might exist, add more interiors etc)

I have to say i'm really impressed with the way this mod is taking. It's also a very good design decision to expand to other provinces even if it is just for a bit. It's very immersive to know that you can cross the border to Skyrim if you want to even if there is not a lot of land to explore. Any chance to see settlements from Cyrodiil or Skyrim or is it going to be just a few land cells?

Anyway, keep up the (very) good work and please don't rush anything. Make sure that the work is of high quality no matter how long it takes to release it

all the best to you
04-27-2007, 11:53 AM,

Your Welcome

Yes, If Rodan decides not to continue with ES3 Blacklight I will discus with him the transfer of all the necessary information to me and continue it on as part of Silgrad Tower

Thanks and Yes to this also, I plan on adding settlements and towns, caves and shrines with quests. Not quite sure how much yet, I am working on Windhelm so thats a definite, possibly Dragon Wood and Riften and I'm not sure about Cyrodiil at all yet except for the Knights School which is already in place

Smile It will be

Enjoy
Bob