Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something from the TES-Board
10-25-2006, 05:13 PM,

No, it isn't. It dosn't change the textures.

It changes where wich ground-texture is placed on the landscape, so there are no more seams. (can't discribe it better)
10-25-2006, 05:36 PM,

So then it overlaps somewhat so that the 2 different textures blend together rather than having a defined line between to non-compatable textures.
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-25-2006, 06:17 PM,

Greetings,

The mod is intended to polish the landscaping that other people have already done, i reshape and repaint the landscape when needed and adjust the vertex shading when necessary. I attempt to preserve what has been done as much as possible whilst making it better at the same time. Here is a list of things the mod does.

1). The elimination of landscape seams is it's primary function. The Morrowind engine can only merge 2 types of textures that are in contact, if the two are in contact with a third, then the third will not merge and appear in game as a picture plastered on the floor with straight edges where the textures did not merge successfully. In the before screenshots you can see the straight lines otherwise known as seams, particularly in Screenshot 01. I get rid of landscape seams by repainting the landscape in such a way that only two texture types are in contact thus my mod makes landmasses seamless and improves immersion particularly for those using high resolution textures for whom seams are an absolute eyesore.

2) I try to ensure that appropriate textures are applied in the correct places and that you don't see road textures stretching up a cliff face or plants and trees growing on rock textures like there were in screenshot 07. I Simply change them to something more believable like grass, dirt, scrub etc and i try to ensure that everyone in a team has stayed within their defined colour schemes and there isn't too much intermingling of textures from different regions

3) I reshape the land if i think i can make it better, if the landscape is too angular, craggy and unnatural in appearance i smooth it, like the sand in screenshot 11, or to conceal a feature like the exposed pond mesh in screenshot 09. sometimes if the land is too flat and boring i make some small hills or depressions.

4) Roads: if a team forgets to connect places of interest then i will paint some in for you, In Silgrad i have added a couple of short stretches of road to lead players to farms in the wilderness areas. I expect to paint in some more but not a great deal.

5) Most people don't bother with vertex shading but those that do tend to use it excessively, worse still they add it to enhance their own game with scant regard as to how it looks for others using different colour schemes, some use it do disguise seams and discolourations. I find that if a player uses good textures to begin with then shades of grey sprayed sparinglly beneath trees, bridges etc to create the illusion of shadow is adequate. Occasionally
people use it to create special effects but not very often. I remove far more vertex shading than i add because usually it has not been done in a way that benefits everyone.

Hopefully this explains it ?
10-25-2006, 09:29 PM,

It does indeed

Thanks

And I have to agree completely on the Vertex Colouring

I've used it occasionally and I've seen some that have been overly used most of the time its to dark and doesnt look natural, when I use it I try to match the color as close to the texture color as possible, sometimes a little darker just to enhance but thats it..

Its sounds very good

Look forward to seeing it in the Silgrad Mod

Thanks Much
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-10-2006, 03:34 PM,

Its out now:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...pic=588530
11-10-2006, 04:45 PM,