Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Sotho Tren Quest] In but not Out
02-28-2010, 08:22 PM,
[Sotho Tren Quest] In but not Out
Reward: Possible Rise in Rank

The quest giver (Quest Giver Ideas?), tells you that some Cyrodilic marauder scum has set up base near the border (in a camp directly west of Gideon onto the border). Clearing them out is the aim of the game.

Once you arrive there you realise the assault on the camp isn't a one man game. The marauder gang appears to be larger than thought (Note: The gang is made up of seven marauder warriors, two leaders, three mages and four archers). The journal indicated you should watch yourself and make your way to the leaders tent (easy done steathily).

Once in the tent look in the chest to find a letter which states:

We have set up base in the Black Marsh, we arrived from Rockmillk in about 2 days, and we have set up a considerable base, hopefully Sotho Tren won't notice us.

Take the letter back to the quest giver who will tell you to return to the camp, but with four Sotho Tren assasins and crash the party. Once you arrive back at the camp finish off the marauders and kill the leaders and your done. Return to the quest giver to recieve your reward/s.

Note: The surviving Sotho Tren assasins will stay in the camp. I was thinking as a realism sort of thing, more Sotho Tren generics will start showing up in the camp further on into the game. If you talk to the quest giver again he will say something like stealing the base and keeping it for themselves or something like that.

What do you think of my first long-ish quest?
02-28-2010, 08:27 PM,

Nice, but who are these goons? Camorra Tong? Blackwood Company?

Also, his name is Sotho. Tren is the name of the syndicate. It means "family" or something along those lines.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-28-2010, 08:31 PM,

If it's based in Gideon, the quest giver is M'Tasarr, of M'Tasarr's Tricksy Trinkets, who is the local Sotho Tren ringleader.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM,

I'll add to the letter, how does: Rockmilk Ravagers sound?

(Off-Topic: Could I nickname myself along the lines of Argonian seem so quiet alot of people have, I was thinking: The Argonian Beggar)
02-28-2010, 10:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by crepe100
(Off-Topic: Could I nickname myself along the lines of Argonian seem so quiet a lot of people have, I was thinking: The Argonian Beggar)

Not sure what you mean but it sounds fine by me.

Not sure about using marauders for this. Sounds a little too Cyrodiilic to me although we could use the fort ruins north-west of Sloughpoint. There are vampires in there. If you were to chase the marauders inside, both parties might get more than they bargained for...once inside you may be able to pick over their remains in a stealthy kind of way which would make the quest more suitable for Thieves (seeing as the Sotho Tren are an expanded Thieves' Guild).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-28-2010, 11:28 PM,

That plan is awesome, Ibsen... So it starts out as a scouting mission, goes bad when there are more goons than you bargained for, then it gets epic when they run into the ruin and get massacred... I especially like the idea of having to sneak through the ruins to avoid uber-vampires.

We need to give the player a good reason to go in there, though. Perhaps the marauders stole an item that's vital to Sotho years ago (documents for blackmail, perhaps?) and it's on one of the bodies of the hapless thugs who get slaughtered in the fort...

03-01-2010, 09:54 PM,

Problem solved. Good quest. :check:

The name of the Fort was Fort Carmine btw. It's already been fully modded and is ready to use or adapt as we see fit.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-01-2010, 10:25 PM,

Great. Speaking of forts, did you get around to planning your quest for Scorpion Pass?

03-01-2010, 10:49 PM,

Nope. Too busy managing stuff like the archive. I'll probably get round to it eventually though.
03-01-2010, 11:08 PM,

I don't envy you that task. Good luck to you!