Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirit gems.
09-25-2006, 03:19 PM,
Spirit gems.
The potential use of spirit gems is much broader than for weapons.

Since Maleficus proposed the idea to be used in Akavir, we will name one of the really special ones after him.

Since Arbiter proposed using them in a fashion similar to the sigil stones in vanilla Oblivion, we will name another one after him.

The really special ones should be extremely rare and high level items.

That being said, people may want to take a look at the Sigil Stones Expanded mod for inspiration on other things that could be done with generic spirit gems.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...il&id=1037

Maleficus and Arbiter, spend some time thinking about what you might like those two really special ones to look like and do.
09-25-2006, 06:22 PM,

What sort of name scheme are we aiming for here and kind of effects? Something stat based,or ?

Actually, spirit gems could replace soul gems as well, to separate Akavir from Tamriel even more. ?( Ignore that, separate things soul and spirit.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-25-2006, 07:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
What sort of name scheme are we aiming for here and kind of effects? Something stat based,or ?

Actually, spirit gems could replace soul gems as well, to separate Akavir from Tamriel even more. ?( Ignore that, separate things soul and spirit.

Whether the soul or the spirit is the same or different entities depends on who you talk to, or what resource you refer to.

This is still early planning stages. These two really special ones could do just about anything. Increase a skill, increase an attibute, increase/decrease a resistance or spell.

Oblivion world will still be there. People will have access to whatever was in that world before Akavir was added. We can't take away soul gems or sigil stones. However, as you suggested or at least implied, we could make those native to Tamriel. The spirit gems could be native to Akavir and do similar things.
09-25-2006, 07:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Whether the soul or the spirit is the same or different entities depends on who you talk to, or what resource you refer to.

This is still early planning stages. These two really special ones could do just about anything. Increase a skill, increase an attibute, increase/decrease a resistance or spell.

Oblivion world will still be there. People will have access to whatever was in that world before Akavir was added. We can't take away soul gems or sigil stones. However, as you suggested or at least implied, we could make those native to Tamriel. The spirit gems could be native to Akavir and do similar things.

I mean in TES Lore.

Could you maybe clear that "2 special ones" a little? I don't think I got it alright. ?(

Yes, that's what I meant, just different naming and same/maybe little different effects as soul gems.

Wow, possibilities of these little buggers really ARE limitless. Focus Cystals for to increase magicka for mages, Battle Talismans for Warriors to simulate Adrenaline Rush and other effects, ever-lasting torches, "Soul wells", parts in crafting (as mentioned lol), used as fuel/power tablets..... just wow. :bow:
09-25-2006, 07:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter

I mean in TES Lore.

Could you maybe clear that "2 special ones" a little? I don't think I got it alright. ?(

Yes, that's what I meant, just different naming and same/maybe little different effects as soul gems.

Wow, possibilities of these little buggers really ARE limitless. Focus Cystals for to increase magicka for mages, Battle Talismans for Warriors to simulate Adrenaline Rush and other effects, ever-lasting torches, "Soul wells", parts in crafting (as mentioned lol), used as fuel/power tablets..... just wow. :bow:

Having two very special ones is a way of giving the two people who offered the suggestions a unique way of getting credit for the ideas. Maleficus is still really upset however, I'm not sure he wants credit.
09-25-2006, 08:31 PM,

He's fine, trust me. We will give him all credit that is due to him, and to anyone else who contributed. If he's pissed, well, that's what us moderators are here for.
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
09-25-2006, 09:00 PM,

Yeah Cogidubnus, but he's pissed at Ysne, so that will make it more complicated for us to fix.
Akavir mod leader.
09-25-2006, 09:57 PM,

Everybody's always pissed at someone. He can get over it.
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
09-25-2006, 09:58 PM,

Lets get back on topic. I want to see what we come up with for the spirit gems. This concept really has potential.
09-25-2006, 11:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Having two very special ones is a way of giving the two people who offered the suggestions a unique way of getting credit for the ideas. Maleficus is still really upset however, I'm not sure he wants credit.

I see... well, I'll step back if he wants the credit. It wasn't my idea after all.