Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splitting Silgrad in two
08-30-2006, 11:56 PM,
Splitting Silgrad in two
Hi,
I'm following your work on Silgrad, and I tried the version by ADCK with the Blacklight/Silgrad/Firemoth landmass combo. I've been thinking that it could help to seperate the Mod into two halves. One part would be an ESM with all the LAND entries plus REGN and CELL entries emptied of refs. The other part would be an ESP with everything else from the mod.

It could help make it easier for you to edit and develop the mod further. And it would help avoid landscape conflicts with mods like Blacklight.
08-31-2006, 12:07 AM,

The landscaping deal with Blacklight is intentional; they're sister projects. Blacklight is the area north of Silgrad, originally Rodan's piece of art. I think he was hoping to come back and help finish it sometime, but I'm not sure about that.
Artemis Vendu - sucking Vvardenfell dry since 3E 394
08-31-2006, 12:09 AM,

Howdy Watcher

Welcome

I understand what you saying and it could work if done properly

I have to say this I attempted such a split (just to try it) some time ago with a very small land mod, The problem I ran into was when the landmass was moved to its new location and the esp with all the
reference was merged...well you can guess it was a mess.
I'm not all that experienced at doing those kind of things
I suppose an experienced modder might have better luck than I did

We had a similar problem when merging the Blacklight and Silgrad landmasses, they didn't quite line up properly and had to be fixed I'm not sure how ADCK did it but it worked

As far as splitting the 2, thats not a problem unless you make changes to the landmass before merging the references

Thanks and enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories