Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stance on Re-using Quests
05-26-2005, 07:27 PM,
Stance on Re-using Quests
Im not too certain on this but what is the current view of re-using quests from Silgrad Tower - TES3.

We have some great quests on the original mod and it would be a shame to not use them. Many of them could be remade using the Oblivion CS, making them more indepth with the new quest system.

From what I hear it has been completly revamped allowing to create more involving quests with greater back story.

Just a thought...
Back In Business
05-26-2005, 07:50 PM,

I'm definitely for it especially since there are quest ideas that were never used in the actual mod and I'd love to see them come to life.

I have it on my rapidly growing to-do list to retrieve those, which should be (re-)used, but if you want to help me with that you're more than welcome.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-26-2005, 08:16 PM,

What would the job involve?

Q- I would gladly read through any quest and rewrite material like books, notes etc. Not to good with dialouge though, never got the hang of it in the CS.
Just give me a list and I will get them to you as fast as I can.

The only problem is I no longer have Morrowind installed on my machine, and an ex-friend has my only copy. But I will try to get it back soon.
Back In Business
05-26-2005, 09:08 PM,

Personally I think it's a great idea, and I plan to reuse a couple of the quests I made for the plugin myself. But I think that it should be the responsibility of individual modders to do that. Sortof like "you want it, you do it".

There's a benefit to reusing them in that the dialogue is already written. If one exports that into a Word document and structure it, one has a good opportunity to review, expand, correct spelling errors et cetera, and so paving the ground for an even better quest in Oblivion. That is of course just a personal suggestion.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-27-2005, 03:39 PM,

Of course.. we have 36 or so usuable quests in the game.. we should reuse em all.. simly because of the love and time put into the storylines alone.. (god.. if i think about how i slaved over the poisoned kwama queen quest.. pfff)

-D-
05-27-2005, 03:48 PM,

Exactly!
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
05-27-2005, 04:08 PM,

Nice to see so much agreement about this. =)

But to set one thing clear (seems that I didn't express myself too well): what I wanted GI to help me with is to rummage through the attic where all the unused quest ideas are stored, check them out, maybe compile them in a list and check what could be used for the new mod.

As far as I remember we had some nice storylines for the Fighters' and Thieves' Guild, stuff like that which shouldn't be lost in Oblivion ( the other one Wink )

Hope that clarifies my first post.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-27-2005, 08:26 PM,

I misread the initial posts and led the discussion in another way. My bad Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
But to set one thing clear (seems that I didn't express myself too well): what I wanted GI to help me with is to rummage through the attic where all the unused quest ideas are stored, check them out, maybe compile them in a list and check what could be used for the new mod.

Sure, that sounds like a great idea.

Looking forward to seeing quest treatments from the goodies in the attic. I'd be happy to do spell-checking here and there if you want.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]