Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Online
11-21-2006, 09:34 AM,
Star Wars Online
Yeah just for the heads up,i am NOT a Star Wars fan.Just know alot of people who play TES games are,i dont know if its real popular news or anything yet,so if it is post some of your thoughts about it i guess.

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/ Enojy! Big Grin
Become one of Hircines

...R.I.P. My Oblivion Character Shadow...
11-21-2006, 09:37 AM,

Probably should've posted it in The Auditorium. :yes:

Game WAS good before the SOE decided to completely screw it with new combat system and stuff. They lost most of the old subscribers because of that.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-21-2006, 09:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Probably should've posted it in The Auditorium. :yes:

Damn my bad,sorry! :bash:
Become one of Hircines

...R.I.P. My Oblivion Character Shadow...
11-21-2006, 11:18 AM,

No problem :check:

I can't say I'm a Star Wars fan I'm afraid. I was a huge fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for over a decade though. Not so much anymore. But I still enjoy science fiction, and watch Battlestar Galactica when I get a chance. I also regard Frontier: Elite II as one of the best games ever made, and played it every day for six months straight. I like to think of it as the first real threedimensional game, and for someone who's never seen or experienced 3d games before, playing it was rather breathtaking.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-21-2006, 11:46 AM,

I've always wondered something; why do some people prefer ST over SW and vice versa? Is it the setting, theme?

I think there were/are/will be serious flames over that one.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-21-2006, 01:40 PM,

Well ST is more about our future. Together we try to make it a better place. SW is more "spiritual" and about good and evil.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
11-22-2006, 03:20 AM,

Razorwing, i have played Frontier and Elite (Elite for the commodore 64, that's a long time ago) for a very long time, and they where the best space games for many years =)

This Starwars game looks awesome :goodjob:

I liked both SW and ST, but i do not like ST anymore... it's just always the same, and where are the "normal" people in ST? They act like robots :eek:
And i don't like the aliens in ST, they look just like humans, what's up with that anyway?
Deep Space Nine was the best of ST.
Akavir mod leader.
11-22-2006, 09:01 AM,

SW were movies and ST was a tvshow. ST had a smaller budget and needed to make more hours of film. In the beginning creating aliens was hard, since the first serie shpaed the world the stuck with it.

"On top of the world"
11-22-2006, 12:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
This Starwars game looks awesome :goodjob:

I liked both SW and ST, but I do not like ST anymore... it's just always the same, and where are the "normal" people in ST? They act like robots :eek:
And I don't like the aliens in ST, they look just like humans, what's up with that anyway?
Deep Space Nine was the best of ST.
Basically Kodama said everything I meant to say on the subject. Tongue

Star Wars galaxies was a great game, but they (Sony Online Entertainment) screwed it up when they made it possible for the player to become a Jedi from the start. At the beginning you had to do a LOT of work in order to become a Jedi, you actually had to train for it. But then SOE made the stupid decision to make it possible to start your character as a Jedi and a lot of the people that had worked for so long to become one quit playing partly due to that unfair modification.
The combat system was also screwed up as Arbiter mentioned.

Edit: ...in order to correct the confusion I caused. Tongue
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
11-22-2006, 01:03 PM,

I mentioned what? ?(

"On top of the world"