Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steadhelm Features Requests
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM,
Steadhelm Features Requests
Hi all,

I recently finished doing the tutorials for dungeons and landscaping and I'm ready to make a start on landscaping Steadhelm. I'm hoping to make it a lakes and rivers region, very lush, as per instructions.

There were a few things that I wanted to get hold of besides the resources I already have before I start so I thought I'd post up my requests here:

1) Trees. I've attached some images below of trees I'd like to use beside the regulation Black Gum Trees and so on. I'm looking for fairly gnarled low-hanging, sprawling trees and trees that grow out of rockfaces and from the sides of banks.

2) Rocks. I'm going to use Mr Siika's besides the rest, if that's okay. If anyone can suggest or offer me some more mossy rocks then that would be great!

3) Dwellings. I'm not permitted to have farms but, for the swamp regions, any dwellings will be of an SI nature e.g. houses on stilts. Could someone please 'Dwemerise' these for me and make them a little smaller and maybe more dishevelled (i.e. holes in the ceilings, moss-covered, leaning to one side perhaps)?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-08-2008, 06:59 PM,

I'll answer as best I can.

1. I believe there are some trees floating around here that were made by The Modax Jago and are being fixed up/modified by SACarrow. I think they are the bitter coast trees - I can't remember if Steadhelm is on the bitter coast, but if it is, those are probably your best bet.

You seem to have forgotten to attach the images.

2. Again, you might want to see if we have any rocks for the region already.

3. I think there is a 'no SI assets' policy for Silgrad Tower. I know that Phitt has made the dunmer shacks from TES3, dunno if we've got them yet. If not, perhaps another exchange of assets could be done with him?

I assume you mean 'dunmerise' rather than 'dwemerise' - the dwemer didn't live in shacks, but in the giant ruins that are stwen about Morrowind. Of course, they weren't ruined when the dwemer were alive. Wink
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
I'll answer as best I can.

3. I think there is a 'no SI assets' policy for Silgrad Tower. I know that Phitt has made the dunmer shacks from TES3, dunno if we've got them yet. If not, perhaps another exchange of assets could be done with him?

Just to make sure this answer exists wherever the question is asked: Smile

There is a shack tileset with optional support platforms available in ST. I know 'cause I made it. Big Grin

Steve
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Just to make sure this answer exists wherever the question is asked: Smile

There is a shack tileset with optional support platforms available in ST. I know 'cause I made it. Big Grin

Steve
Well, we wont get a more definitive answer than that, eh? Big Grin
07-08-2008, 10:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
You seem to have forgotten to attach the images.

Yargle! Here they are...honest...the last one is the most important for me but the others are examples of 'cliff-trees', not perfect examples but they still get the message across.

Quote:I assume you mean 'dunmerise' rather than 'dwemerise' - the dwemer didn't live in shacks, but in the giant ruins that are stwen about Morrowind. Of course, they weren't ruined when the dwemer were alive. Wink

Dunmerise. I'm saying that on account of the Hlaalu and Redoran architecture and so on. I'm not an MW person so I don't know whether their style might in any way extend towards simple shacks. I'll take a look at SACarrow's handiwork anyway.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-16-2008, 07:44 AM,

Another idea that would surely enhance the swampland feel would be something similar to what Midas did with his 'swarm' spell for Midas Magic:

4) Buzzing Insects. Could we have a similar thing to the butterfly object but with flying cockroaches or dragonflies? This would be especially useful in areas heavy-laden with death as well. I'm aware of some insects being modeled but with this I don't think you'd need to go into too much detail as you're only seeing glimpses.
07-16-2008, 08:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost

Quote:I assume you mean 'dunmerise' rather than 'dwemerise' - the dwemer didn't live in shacks, but in the giant ruins that are stwen about Morrowind. Of course, they weren't ruined when the dwemer were alive. Wink

Dunmerise. I'm saying that on account of the Hlaalu and Redoran architecture and so on. I'm not an MW person so I don't know whether their style might in any way extend towards simple shacks. I'll take a look at SACarrow's handiwork anyway.

Dunmer of any House can live in shacks, but they only resort to that if they're poor.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-16-2008, 11:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Another idea that would surely enhance the swampland feel would be something similar to what Midas did with his 'swarm' spell for Midas Magic:

4) Buzzing Insects. Could we have a similar thing to the butterfly object but with flying cockroaches or dragonflies? This would be especially useful in areas heavy-laden with death as well. I'm aware of some insects being modeled but with this I don't think you'd need to go into too much detail as you're only seeing glimpses.
If someone can provide a decent picture of a dragonfly with a constrasting background, I could set up the PathInterpolator in Max and deal with the animation.
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM,

Here's a selection. Typically, the better models have more complex backgrounds.
07-16-2008, 02:51 PM,

That third one is so cool! The closeup picture is helpful. I can probably do a dark approximation of the body shape in Photoshop and then use the mosaic filter to generate the wings.

I'll probably just slap it on the butterfly's path. The image will always be facing the player, which means it'll always be seen from the top. If this weren't the case I'd make it hover, but to make that look good it'd proabably need to be a 3d model and animations, which would be quite a lot of work.