Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steal the Egg
08-24-2009, 05:07 PM,
Steal the Egg
I am a big fan of sneaking around in games, probably why I loved doing the thieves guild. I thought it would be fun to have a quest where you have to sneak deep into a cave and take a golden egg from a shrine. The challenge of the quest is that all the creatures in the cave are way too strong for you to fight so you must sneak. A few traps to kill off some in the way would be cool too.
08-24-2009, 05:42 PM,

Sure. That could be used. The question is: to whom does the egg belong? There are plenty of creature options...including the Paatru.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-24-2009, 07:31 PM,

How do you like horrible, macabre stuff?

Model a mesh with a guy whose legs have been eaten off, covered in blood and stuff. Put the guy in the cavern along with the beast. Quest discription indicates that a thief stole this golden egg from a royalty (or any rich person) but on the way back got attacked.

When you get to the cave the guy asks you to kill him because he's in so much suffering because this beast is taking its time to eat him slowly.

On second thought, maybe not.

Still, it would be a lot better if the Thieves' guild didn't involve just stealing stuff. In my view, the simple 'steal this' quests should be a secondary quest line only meant for accumulating gold where as the main quest line begins a few secondary quests in when something particular happens. So the main Thieves' guild quest line is not really about stealing but rather about the guild's development (conflicts, missing members etc) and related stuff, and on some parts of the quest you're given the opportunity to steal things that you can later sell at your fence (like in Thief).

Though, this idea is pointless without a separate currency system for BM. Many players are likely to have huge stockpiles of money already.
08-24-2009, 09:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix

Still, it would be a lot better if the Thieves' guild didn't involve just stealing stuff. In my view, the simple 'steal this' quests should be a secondary quest line only meant for accumulating gold where as the main quest line begins a few secondary quests in when something particular happens. So the main Thieves' guild quest line is not really about stealing but rather about the guild's development (conflicts, missing members etc) and related stuff, and on some parts of the quest you're given the opportunity to steal things that you can later sell at your fence (like in Thief).

Though, this idea is pointless without a separate currency system for BM. Many players are likely to have huge stockpiles of money already.

I love macabre stuff.... =) . I think BM should be pretty horrific in places.

This is a very worthwhile point. Nevertheless, I didn't see the idea of a separate currency system as an issue as people can always begin with a new character (and you can't really stop people cheating if they really want to). The only problem is that people might want to use their own character continuously and it will therefore not be much of a challenge to them. I'm of the opinion that BM should be levelled in a 'slightly-above-vanilla' fashion so as to welcome all-comers. This makes for a policy of 'no change' to the currency system.

Anyway, I sense this drifting off-topic but I certainly don't mind this issue continuing elsewhere if someone feels they have something to add...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]