Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealth-Based Quests
03-17-2008, 06:39 AM,
Stealth-Based Quests
I'm not that good in making up storylines, but maybe I can help making up a quest. A stealth-based one, in fact. Outside the Morag Tong questline.

Maybe we can make up a quest that involves the discovery of a hidden Skooma refinery, and the player investigating the refinery while avoiding detection by the guards.

See what you think about this! Perhaps you can come up with a better idea at a stealth-based quest.
03-17-2008, 08:20 AM,
RE: Stealth-Based Quests
Howdy

I like the idea allready

A quest by which you are hired to investigate, the only persons who know your investigating are you and the quest giving NPC

#1 the player should have the ability to "question" certain NPC's

a) the dialogue should be written so that the player would have 3 different ways to ask the question, each different questioning form will give a different response...

1 way will cause the NPC to answer with the correct info, another will cause the NPC to give bad info and the 3rd would cause the NPC to suspect the player is "spying"

#2 The player should have between 6 and 10 different people(NPC's) to investigate

2a) if half of that number suspects the player is spying, the whole operation is a bust (We would have to figure out what will happen then)

2b) the player should be required to gain info from 2 of those 10 by means of listening in on their conversation.... this means being close enough to hear what their saying but not be seen.

2c) the player should be required to impersonate one of the other NPC's to obtain information and convince the other NPC that the player is who he/she is impersonating

Information gathering should be in such a way that the information gathered can be compiled and compared to the others to determine the guilty party (or uncover the mystery) and report those findings back to the quest giver

Of course during the entire course of this investigation the persons being investigated will have a chance of discovering the player and the "jig" is up

Failure: What do we do then

for the most part in ES when you fail, you die, that is ther measure, no big deal for the player, reload your last save Big Grin

We can't stop that ! Just do the quest over until you succeed and get your reward. Thats how it works

For something like this failure should ruin the players reputation
if the player is a member of the thieves guild, it should cause at minimum a lose of status, maybe even a reduction in rank

if the player is not a member of the thieves guild it will cause the guild to reject the players first attempt to join (maybe even the second)

Maybe the guild steward could say something like... "Yes, weve heard you botched up that investigation maybe you need to work on those skills a bit before coming to us for a job"

Reward

For something like this the reward should be substancial

Also it should be based on how well the player did (if possible)

if none suspected = best reward
if 4 suspected = worst reward
if 1-3 suspected = medium reward
of course if 5 suspected, we've failed so no reward

Always looking for new ideas :goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-05-2008, 04:05 AM,

I like the sound of this as well. I know a little detection script if that'll aid you.
If I'm smiling you shouldn't be.