Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealth Entrances
07-05-2009, 06:24 PM,
Stealth Entrances
I waw wondering, what if we make some stealth entrances into cities? Such as rope ladders, or wells, tombs, caves?
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-05-2009, 07:36 PM,

That would be good but only if admission to those cities is difficult. Personally, I like the idea of having to earn your entry to some cities and the idea of paying a levy or tax would appeal to me. Therefore, it might benefit the stealth players to have such an option through their 'contacts' in the criminal underground.

Phinius Master and Tlo1048 are in charge of Gideon, llamaranger has Soulrest and Deeza now has Stormhold so it may be worth you guys taking note. I know that Stormhold is supposed to have lots of hidden areas so I'm sure it's something Deeza will be looking into with interest.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
07-05-2009, 08:02 PM,

I have exactly the sort of thing in mind. Perhaps I shall add some additional marsh elf ruin sites around the outside of Stormhold, one of which contains a door which leads to a small ruin. There can be a secret entrance in the dungeon which leads through into Stormhold's sewers.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-05-2009, 11:01 PM,

If you can do a little landscaping whilst you're doing that, I'd be grateful. Maybe cover the cells around you as you're doing it. It's just a case of varying the mania tree types, perhaps adding or deleting other tree types and checking for clipping objects. If you could keep a record of any cells you've modified and then PM me the co-ordinates then I can mark them off from the arduous task of landscaping.

Oh, and the Mossy Ruin tileset is a little disorderly at present on account of the fact that it was originally assembled by Senten for the ruin just outside Seafalls and I've since added models with an entirely different naming code. Re-arranging the names is another thing on my 'to do' list.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-06-2009, 03:43 AM,

Bruma has a house with a basement, that turns into a cave and leads out of the city. And I really liked the Idea of making a trap door on one of the graves.
Or in a city with a river - an abandoned Well which can leav to the river outside the city.
07-06-2009, 09:59 PM,

I could consider something. Maybe something that leads into someone's backyard garden or basement...maybe one of the shadier basements....*cough**Criminal Den**cough*
07-07-2009, 06:27 PM,

Watch out for that swine flu, Phinius! =)

Yes, definitely consider such a thing. Actually, this may be a good point to mention the fact that I would like to see an underground 'boxing ring' in Argonia where you duel it out, a bit like the Arena but more basic and brutal, possibly involving stuff like our mop weapon being picked up and used if you're being improvisational in the ring.... =)

We'd definitely need a secret entrance for such a thing.
07-07-2009, 06:37 PM,

Well, in cyrodill there were no VARIOUS criminal quests. Quite a few underground ( in both meanings of the word) guilds/companies. Argonia is a rather "dirty" province.
07-07-2009, 06:48 PM,

I was thinking of linking up the boxing idea with the Sotha Tren criminal syndicate. In which case, it's not totally random criminality, if that's what you mean.
07-07-2009, 06:51 PM,

I mean some illegal merchants, underground organizations, some kind of drug dealers