Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still there,
11-14-2008, 04:14 PM,
Still there,
Some of you might have been wondering why I have been inactive so lately. Thing is. I havent. Problem is though, that most of the things that are being discussed are mostly Lore related and not my cup of tea. As soon as there is something to be build, just let me know and i'll join the fun once again Wink

- B2M
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
11-14-2008, 04:51 PM,

Oh right. What do we need peeps?

Are you interested in doing furniture items? A discussion recently covered the idea of designing an 'Orchid Lamp' that drew oil from the ground that it was planted in and burned slowly to give off light and illuminate homes with a 'root furniture' motif.

Otherwise, I was hoping we might develop ideas for Garuda/Sarpa homes. I think we're definitely going to need cages, both large and small, for the many wild and wonderful fauna. Some of these cages might have furniture items in them to keep the contained Garuda happy. Although such a region's people wouldn't be keen on containing such creatures, an Imperial presence and a general impression of wildness can be created by having them in there. I am sure that BM quests will find such items extremely useful.

Other than that, it's case of figuring out what sort of nest/eyrie a Garuda might have, whether it's based in a tree or on the top of a jagged mountain range (probably in the Northern regions where our only high landscapes are). Otherwise, you might look at creating a more 'human', down-to-earth architectural style, in which case I would suggest vaunted structures that are very tall and very thin. A combination of some of the above might work well i.e. tall, thin architecture on top of mountains and large rocks. Perhaps the Ayleid stuff would make good base models.

Perhaps access to such places can only be gained by means of tottering along very large roots and vines. And this in itself is an item that I would be very, very keen on getting hold of for landscape modding in the jungle regions.

Does any of that sound suitable?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-14-2008, 10:07 PM,

I like the idea of large nests in the trees for the Sarpa, as they are quite feral.

The Garuda on the other hand would probably have more civilised homes...

Either way, I think they should be up in the trees. The swamps will be crawling with Argonians, Naga and Paatru at ground level after all.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!