Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Store and Tavern Names for Black Marsh
03-15-2006, 11:08 PM,

If I'm not mistaken, Arena is not set at the same time period as Oblivion. Thus, the stores would be different. Also keep in mind that Oblivion is 200 years after Morrowind, so I highly doubt that the stores are going to be the same unless they had a great insurance policy.
03-15-2006, 11:26 PM,

Oblivion is set six years after Morrowind. =)

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
03-15-2006, 11:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Eon-Nin
If I'm not mistaken, Arena is not set at the same time period as Oblivion. Thus, the stores would be different. Also keep in mind that Oblivion is 200 years after Morrowind, so I highly doubt that the stores are going to be the same unless they had a great insurance policy.

As far as I know:
Arena started in 3E 389.
Daggerfall started in 3E 399.
Morrowind started in 3E 427.
Oblivion started in 3E 433.

Both the main story for Arena as well as Daggerfall involved Emperor Uriel Septim VII, the same man who dies at the start of Oblivion's main story. The history of Tamriel stretches back thousands of years, but all the games have taken place in a very narrow chronological span. This page might be interesting to read.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-15-2006, 11:54 PM,

My bad.
But if you Google "Oblivion years after Morrowind"- some of the sites say that it takes place hundreds of years after Morrowind. I am guessing that this was an early piece of information sent out before much was known about TES:IV.

Still, Stores mentioned in Arena 50 years ago will not be the same in Oblivion's time frame.
06-15-2006, 10:05 AM,

I dont see any reason why couldnt we use any of those names even if time was different...
For a reason why to use is nostalgy.

Wow Blackrose and Soulrest have loads of stuff!
I know all have way too many of stores and taverns but maybe that will give direction about the towns size compared to eachother.

EDIT: considering timescale, maybe the stores containing a persons name in it would be left off but no real reason why other names couldnt be used tho