Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story Arc ideas needed?
03-05-2008, 04:06 PM,

Excellent, Bob! :goodjob:

I couldn't have hoped for better news to make my story arc work. I take it I'll be able to find 'official' information about that sort of stuff in one of the libraries that Seniosh mentioned?

Whilst you're there, Bob, I guess you're the best person to ask whether there exists or there will be any work done in ST to create a 'realm of Mephala' that is somewhere between Oblivion and the Shivering Isles. As the 'web-spinner' was foremost in my own mind, I had a number of possible ideas in mind along the lines of Leo Gura's 'Lost Spires' mod. Additionally, with Mephala's influence being strong in MW, it could represent a re-usable resource for future quests. Nonetheless, the story itself could survive without much alteration to these elements but it would make it especially nice to have them.

Something vaguely resembling anything of the following would be the sort of thing that, to my mind, should be suitable: a Daedric realm with blue as opposed to red being the primary colour, any architectural features including assault towers, spines, obelisks, Daedra-style flora etc that might be specific to Mephala's realm and uniform in terms of a generic design style such as webs, networks, hexagons and/or insectoid constructions. I have some vague ideas for creatures along these lines too, but I felt that that might be really getting ahead of myself.

Too ambitious? Anyway, I shall look into the Mephala lore as much as I can.

Thanks to Seniosh! (I just got Molag Bal and Morag Tong mixed up because they sound similar) I was aware of the wiki and the library but I felt that the MW-specific lore used in ST was most important to me in shaping my ideas so they didn't clash, contradict or seem out of place. If they're the source of useable inspiration, then all the better. So the Dunmer and perhaps some MW books should come in useful.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-05-2008, 09:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Excellent, Bob! :goodjob:

I couldn't have hoped for better news to make my story arc work. I take it I'll be able to find 'official' information about that sort of stuff in one of the libraries that Seniosh mentioned?

Yes, you should find this information I mentioned in the official lore sections of the Imperial library and Morrowind Wiki and other places as well

Whilst you're there, Bob, I guess you're the best person to ask whether there exists or there will be any work done in ST to create a 'realm of Mephala' that is somewhere between Oblivion and the Shivering Isles. As the 'web-spinner' was foremost in my own mind, I had a number of possible ideas in mind along the lines of Leo Gura's 'Lost Spires' mod. Additionally, with Mephala's influence being strong in MW, it could represent a re-usable resource for future quests. Nonetheless, the story itself could survive without much alteration to these elements but it would make it especially nice to have them.

I do not know if those plans exist, I can say from my point of view they should, and I can probably work it out with Seniosh and his Morag Tong Claims to build this realm and include it with some of the questing, if he agrees

I do not know much of this mod "Lost Spires" but am up for hearing about it

Something vaguely resembling anything of the following would be the sort of thing that, to my mind, should be suitable: a Daedric realm with blue as opposed to red being the primary colour, any architectural features including assault towers, spines, obelisks, Daedra-style flora etc that might be specific to Mephala's realm and uniform in terms of a generic design style such as webs, networks, hexagons and/or insectoid constructions. I have some vague ideas for creatures along these lines too, but I felt that that might be really getting ahead of myself.

This sounds good, it would be something to consider for a build of that sort

Too ambitious? Anyway, I shall look into the Mephala lore as much as I can.

Never to ambitious Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-05-2008, 10:10 PM,

Woooh-hooo,

Music to my ears!

My FG idea would require being approved by TID and any other modders prepared to take it on. If so then I think you can expect a reshuffled and merged write-up combining my own and his ideas.

My earlier remark referred to my techno + other phobias regarding modding. Although I have ideas about how things should look, like any writer, I don't like design work and I hate programming. In the Thief community there was always a surplus of creatives over technicians so good technicians became prized treasures whilst the latest ramblings of a noob jawing on about 'Rump-flark the Destroyer' or something similarly uninspiring became painfully common-place. That's why I'm aware of how some all-rounders really don't like the thought of implementing another person's writing. It's a bit like professional writers getting requests from people saying 'please write my story for me because it's good but I'm crap' (this actually happens!). Some people can't work that way. In my position I can only hope for people who love and/or are good at design and technical stuff.

Anyway, on a more entertaining note, 'Lost Spires' resides here: http://www.lostspires.com/ . I'm amazed it's escaped your attention, Bob. It's been the most consistently praised quest mod ever at TESNexus and has been camping out in the 'Top 100' charts for ages. It was also my first voice acting gig for Oblivion but the excruciating lack of progress by my own recruited female leads have held back the final, fully-voiced release, v.14. Damned irritating for something so brilliant, let me tell you. Oh, and it's gooood. So good, in fact, that it earned Leo (its maker) a job at Boston 2k (makers of Bioshock) only last month. I'm pleased to say that I've had the pleasure of adding dialogue to it as well...unreleased as yet, of course X(

P.S. I would have basically sacked these voice leads long ago but one of them is an absolute legend and sort of an old friend at TTLG forums where my modding interest began and she's a sensational talent. It's just a case of getting the damn work from her.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-06-2008, 02:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Speaking of the outline, what program did you use to make that? It looks extremely nifty, and i'd love to make one for the Tong

Actually, just MS paint. It's only coloured boxes and text put together. Big Grin

We in the core will review the FG plot thus far, and I'll probably post the background information about the factions involved after that.
03-07-2008, 12:20 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
We in the core will review the FG plot thus far, and I'll probably post the background information about the factions involved after that.

Should I hold off the actual act of developing anything until you've conferred with the core guys, then?
03-08-2008, 05:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Should I hold off the actual act of developing anything until you've conferred with the core guys, then?

Yeah, that would be a good idea.
03-13-2008, 09:23 PM,

I've just been reading up on some of the lore. This idea would really slot in nicely especially after what I read from one of Bob's posts recently about Vivec being killed in Morrowind. The lore fits very sweetly indeed!
03-20-2008, 11:42 PM,

We discussed it and my first plot draft will be used. I'll be posting a lot of information soon.