Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange CS Functions
12-24-2008, 05:37 AM,
Strange CS Functions
In the CS today, I noticed a section of the preferences menu I've never really looked at before. It has options for things such as tall grass, special lighting, and shadows. However, none of that really ever happens from the CS, only ingame. To see what would happen, I decided to hit the "Reload Shaders" button, upon which my CS flashed an error about not being able to find certain shaders and thereafter crashed.

This is the menu I'm talking about:

[Image: th_Question.png]

Does anyone know what this thing is supposed to accomplish or how to make it work? Has there been any discussion about it in the past?
Lol what?
12-24-2008, 06:41 AM,

I think the devs used an altered Construction Set that to a certain extent could play the game while they modded. I have a memory of seeing a CS vid before the game was released that showed characters walking around. It's not impossible that that functionality was tied to the Gamebryo game engine. At least that's the only reason I can think of as to why us modders can't do that.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-24-2008, 02:07 PM,

Yeah, notice how there is the option for statics and activators to cast shadows as well. You could see this in early videos, but it was cut from the final game.
12-24-2008, 06:57 PM,

Yeah, I do recall that. Huh, would be cool if that ever managed to work again. Would save me the trouble of having to exit the CS, go ingame and test things, and then open up the CS to fix things, then repeat. It's also very inconvenient when you can never see where the grass will spawn, I always have to go back and fix that over and over.
Lol what?
12-24-2008, 07:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Yeah, I do recall that. Huh, would be cool if that ever managed to work again. Would save me the trouble of having to exit the CS, go ingame and test things, and then open up the CS to fix things, then repeat. It's also very inconvenient when you can never see where the grass will spawn, I always have to go back and fix that over and over.

As far as the grass, I feel your pain!!