Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange bug with my clutters
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM,
Strange bug with my clutters
I have a very disturbing bug with my pots for Elsweyr project.

So,i have finished the mesh of my vase,and added to CS.

Placed them to like this:

[Image: cbug02.jpg]

Used havok for better placing. But if im going to check ingame,then it would be floating and etc:

[Image: cbug03.jpg]

How can i fix this?

And i have an other problem

When i export a mesh to nif,and place to ingame,then some of them are have not correct collision box.

Look at here
[Image: cbug.jpg]

You can see the box is so much bigger than the vase.

How can i optimize to the mesh?

Thanks,

`Senten
08-04-2009, 03:24 PM,

Anyone? I need help. : /

`Senten
08-04-2009, 05:34 PM,

Sorry Senten. I only know how to add a texture to a mesh. Creating meshes is something else.
08-04-2009, 05:58 PM,

If you like, I can take a look at the NIFs themselves; it's hard to do remote diagnosis.

Steve
08-04-2009, 07:09 PM,

Zurke: No worries mate. Smile

SACarrow: Okay,im going to send it to you,and thanks!

`Senten
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM,

I can't comment on the physics/collision stuff without seeing the model, so I'll defer to Steve on those subjects. But I could tell a little bit about the other things you mentioned.

You said: When I export a mesh to nif,and place to ingame,then some of them are have not correct collision box. Going by the image I think you mean bounding box, which is the oddly-colored box that lights up when you select an object in the Construction Set. The box is calculated from the transform values of your nitristrips/nitrishapes. To fix it, open it in Nifskope then right-click on each branch and choose 'Transform > Apply'.

The best way to optimize a model is in your modelling program, but if you meant the other kind of optimization then you should run amorilia's niftoaster script on them. According to amorilia there is a sortof bug with the Construction Set in that it reports a special kind of faces used to stitch strips together, which is why the CS reports more faces than is reported by a modelling program even after running amorilia's script on them.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-05-2009, 03:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I can't comment on the physics/collision stuff without seeing the model, so I'll defer to Steve on those subjects. But I could tell a little bit about the other things you mentioned.

You said: When I export a mesh to nif,and place to ingame,then some of them are have not correct collision box. Going by the image I think you mean bounding box, which is the oddly-colored box that lights up when you select an object in the Construction Set. The box is calculated from the transform values of your nitristrips/nitrishapes. To fix it, open it in Nifskope then right-click on each branch and choose 'Transform > Apply'.

The best way to optimize a model is in your modelling program, but if you meant the other kind of optimization then you should run amorilia's niftoaster script on them. According to amorilia there is a sortof bug with the Construction Set in that it reports a special kind of faces used to stitch strips together, which is why the CS reports more faces than is reported by a modelling program even after running amorilia's script on them.

Yes,the bounding box is not correct for mesh. I have tried your first suggest,but nothing was changed. I can send the mesh for you if you wanna.

`Senten
08-08-2009, 09:24 AM,

Got the solution by SACarrow & Razorwing ! :check:

Thanks guys!

`Senten
08-08-2009, 02:54 PM,

Moral of this story: Don't use MOPPs for clutter; use primitives like boxes, cylinders or convex shapes. I think that compositions of primitives can be used as well, but I'm not sure.

Steve
08-08-2009, 03:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Moral of this story: Don't use MOPPs for clutter; use primitives like boxes, cylinders or convex shapes. I think that compositions of primitives can be used as well, but I'm not sure.

Steve

I think you are right,cause now they are perfect.

Thanks mate,

`Senten